It wouldn't be break without a rush of visits! We spent Monday night at my Aunt Ev's house with all of my family. We don't get together nearly enough. It is always so nice to catch up with everyone, but sadly, it only seems to happen once a year. Ethan had a blast; in fact, when it was time to go, he said, "Ethan stay here at Aunt Ev's house?" She had a lot of cool toys from her grandkids, and he just didn't want to part with them. Plus, she had chocolate. Chocolate he snuck to get and failed to take off the foil before eating... He got some cool Disney gift cards to use on our trip - a very neat gift idea, especially for the boy who needs absolutely nothing!
His main man, Uncle Ryan
We also had a nice visit from a very old and dear friend, Erin. She was my manager at Kennywood when I first started at the Steel Phantom. Working with her was a blast, and she became a great friend to AJ and I. Once we moved away (like a billion times), we lost track of each other. From the wonders of the internet (thank you, Facebook and caringbridge!), we reconnected. I am very glad for that. She has a very sweet family - an older boy and girl who I met when they were tiny babies, and a little guy, Josh, age 4. Josh was diagnosed with Downs at birth, and has since had some intestinal problems that have put him on the transplant list. He is just the cutest thing, and one more little one to pray for!
The wild aunt: Aunt Carol

I also got to take Ethan to see Jen and her new baby, Max. Ethan had been so looking forward to this visit. I took him shopping to buy a gift for Max. He was very into picking things out, and he was pretty disappointed that we didn't immediately go to Jen's house for the visit. He had to wait a day! He kept saying "Ethan eat him?" I don't know if he was trying to say 'meet' or if he was really confused. I told him about the baby in my belly, how Max used to be in Jen's belly. Maybe he thought we ate babies? Who knows.
He loves this gift from Aunt Jenny & Uncle Mat!

Let me begin by saying Max is SO cute! And tiny. I forgot what it felt like to hold a newborn - LOVE it! Ethan loved running through Jen's house, but wasn't too into the baby. He looked at him, asked to hold him, then changed his mind. He did not get jealous that I was holding him, though. Not that that means anything about how he'll be when he sees me with his own brother or sister, but maybe? Jen and Max are doing well. Sleepy, but good. It was great to talk to her about having two, nursing struggles, etc. Let's hope I'm ready to do this in 5 months!
This is as close as E would get!
After all of the visiting, we are ready to just hole up here until break ends (Monday for AJ, Tuesday for me). We plan on a very low-key New Year's Eve and Day. We need it! This week has gone by in a blink! Musical rehearsals are in full swing already, and it's only going to get worse once we go back to school. At least we will be busy. Summer (and Baby #2) will be here before we know it. And warmth. I miss the warmth...

1 comment:
Poor little Josh- we will add him to our prays for sure- Phyllis
Post a Comment