We are de-Christmasing our house. I always love putting up our decorations, and I loved them even more this year since our house has been painted and made into our taste. But, I have to admit, I was glad to take everything down. Everything is much less cluttered now! Ethan is a bit sad, though, and keeps asking when Santa is coming back. Sure, little guy doesn't want to get close to him, but LOVES the presents!
Modeling his Thomas t-shirt

We have had a very low-key couple of days, which has been great. We rang in the new year with a great friend, Aaron. I was ready for bed at 9, but with the help of Wii and some snacks, I did get to see the fireworks and ball drop. We came back immediately afterwords and I was OUT until the morning!
Cozy in the clothes basket...

While we did that, my mom had a major pj party with Ethan. He stayed up until 9, which let him sleep the next day until 7:30. Not bad! My mom almost finished the wall paper in our kitchen after he went to sleep. Some celebration, right? She is the BEST!
He stayed there for a long time...

Ethan just loves having her over. I think he thinks she lives here. When she goes home, he is so confused and just assumes she's gone to work and will be back soon. It's probably because she plays the silliest games with him and always is amused by the silliness. I went to Cranberry yesterday to try to find maternity pants (with NO luck!); when I came back, I found them like this on our stairs:

Their response? They were fishing. My mom had hooked these little play fish on the end of the blanket, and Ethan was giddily reeling them up the steps. Goofy. But I love the time she gives Ethan and us.
Best Grandma Ever!

So, now that it's 2011, the time has come to talk resolutions. Last year, my main resolution was to cook more. I did very well with that, for the most part. We've tried lots of new things, some hits and some misses.
This year, my goal is to be more like AJ. Seriously. I need to be more zen. It's not a natural state for me, but he has it mastered. I am going to do my best not to let people and their crazy rudeness get to me. I will not bring school drama home with me. I won't worry about things being fair, because let's face it - they will never be. It won't be easy, but I will give it a shot. I'm hoping the new zen-ness will bring a calmer, better mommy to Ethan and his little sibling - the ultimate goal!
Happy New Year!

1 comment:
Aw, thanks for the nice comments. I love spending time with him. Love the pics!
Happy New Year and good luck with the Zen!
Grandma
xoxoxo
Post a Comment