Saturday, January 8, 2011

The E Report

A few new Ethanisms...

1. I asked him, again, what I should name the baby. For a girl, he suggested Christine. For a boy, he suggested Boy Baby. But, when I asked him if he wanted a brother or sister, he replied, "I want lunch."
This is how he took his nap one day
2. He's taken to saying "knock it off" to us. He hears that a lot via us yelling at Bailey, so when we tickle him or go to give him too many kisses, he says it to us. Charming.
Wearing my boots
3. He has also taken to saying "No thanks" and "I don't want to" OFTEN. Particularly when dealing with dinner. Here is a sample conversation that happens nightly:

Me: Ethan, come eat dinner.
E: I don't want to eat dinner.
Me: Let's go.
E: I want ice cream.
Me: You can have ice cream after dinner.
E: No thanks. I don't like dinner. I like ice cream.

4. He peed on the potty twice at daycare this week. This is a big breakthrough for him - after the 'I have to poop, but God, please NOT on the potty' incident of November, Ethan has been potty-shy. Here's hoping we can get him back in the swing of things.
Lounging in our bed
5. Friday after school, he had just eaten dinner and decided to go downstairs into the playroom. I was cleaning up dinner upstairs, and I heard a TON of noise coming from the playroom. I started down the steps, urging Ethan Phillip to get back up here, and heard this in reply: "In a minute, Mommy. I'm just moving the table and chairs down here." Seriously - how old is this child?
***********************
We took Ethan outside to enjoy the snow and frigid temperatures today. We lasted about 20 minutes. Ethan really didn't want to come in, but his little face was bright red and when he stopped playing for a second, he was shivering. That was enough. He did have a blast, though. I'm hoping one of these winter days, we will have snow on the ground and it will be above 20 degrees outside. I took some great pictures. BUT, my husband failed to tell me he had set the camera to some goofy setting with lower resolution, so they are all a little fuzzy. I love kid-in-the-snow pictures, so I guess that means I will have to bundle up again to get some good shots. Here are a few from today anyway!

No comments: