Get ready...
Ethan has peed on the potty five days in a row! Granted, it's only been once or twice each day, but this is wonderful progress. We bought him some Thomas stickers that he REALLY wants. That, combined with the fact that we let him call his grandparents AND get a candy cane (which, by the way, he realized he does not like to eat - just hold, please) if he pees on the potty, has motivated him a bit more. He's got until June 23 to get it together :-)
The Elf hid on the potty to remind Ethan!

I kept him home with me today. I have been fighting a sinus/throat issue for while now. It's keeping me up PLUS Ethan has been sniffly and complaining that he hurts. PLUS, when I got up to go in to work an hour late (The students had a two hour delay, but teachers only get an hour. Why? The community feels that if they have to work, we do, too. I get it. But, honestly, what do you think we are getting accomplished in that hour by ourselves? Our jobs are to educate your children; if your children aren't there, we can't do our jobs. Plus, if you want us there an hour beforehand, then the city should probably do a better job of cleaning the roads, right? Yeah. That doesn't happen...Ok - I'm done now), our road was completely covered and it was below zero. I already slid to work on Monday and was not about to do it again WHILE pregnant and coughing violently. No thanks. I'm glad, too - when AJ got home, he said that he slid the entire way there and that his superintendent apologized for making the wrong call this morning. What a nice administrator! It's rare to find one that apologizes! Wow - I sound very bitter today!
Our Tree

Anyway, we had a nice day. We played all morning, in between coughing and nose blowing. Ethan helped me clean and peed on the potty. Good job all around, not to mention that after his nap, he ASKED to go pee on the potty and went - that's twice in one day!
Checking out his ornament for this year:
Mickey Mouse on a choo choo!
While he napped, I de-cluttered the living room. I am trying to get organized before the holiday madness comes and we get a billion more toys to fill up the place. This weekend's job: tackling the downstairs toy room. No. Fun. For. Me.
Bath Time Weirdness

When he woke up, he played for a few minutes and then started crying hysterically. He was just beside himself and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Finally, he showed me his finger - swollen, red, with a cut. He said he hurt it on his door. Not sure what he was doing, but he apparently pinched it. But, being the tough guy he is, he denied an Elmo bandaid...
He escaped!

A few other randoms -
He, thanks to his father, ran around the room asking for us to tickle his buttcheeks. Let's hope that is a phrase he does NOT repeat in public.
The weirdness continued
Bailey has a 'boo boo' right now that is very concerning to Ethan. She gets very dry skin in the winter and gets 'hot spots'. Basically, she's dumb and has chewed away some hair and skin. Nice, right? Well, we were cleaning her up, and Ethan noticed the hot spot and how red it was. He commented that it looked like a 'mato' (as he calls tomatoes). I forgot about that until I picked him up at Christine's and he told her "Bailey got a boo boo in the 'matos." He's a bit confused. His concern has been very sweet. When we put her infamous cone on her to keep her away from the bruise, he referred to it as a pinecone (again, confused) and told her she looked cute. He's also been telling her the pinecone will make her feel better. He has offered her his blanket as well. What a good boy!
Giving us a model pose
We have a few big things coming up - AJ's concert is tomorrow. I'm going to attempt to take Ethan. We'll see how long we last before he either has a meltdown or completely embarrasses me with his loudness/wildness. AND - I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday. I'm looking forward to hearing little one's heartbeat :-)

1 comment:
He is being so cute!!! What a good boy. I am so glad the potty training has taken a turn for the better. I like that the elf is using the potty. Such a good elf.
can't wait to see him!
Post a Comment