Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Cookies!

Ethan has been REALLY into playing with blocks this week. While I love to see him building things and working on those skills, I HATE the mess that comes from it...
My mom came up for her weekend and had a special activity planned for Ethan - making Christmas cookies! I knew he would love the messy adventure. He was pretty excited by the cookie cutters.
That's when I left - I figured Grandma could take care of the mess. From what I hear, he had a blast. He was very into eating the sprinkles and putting finger prints on each and every cookie. He's pretty proud of the results, too, and ate one giant cookie on his own. Such a good little helper!
He's Happy with his Cookies.
The Results...
On a side note, my mom started working on my Christmas present today. I asked for the ONE thing I need this year, but desperately do NOT want to do for myself: remove the yellow gingham & floral wallpaper from my kitchen. Worst. Job. Ever. My mom agreed, I think because I'm pregnant. Regardless, I am so grateful to not have to do this room. This whole entire house was covered in wallpapers and borders when we bought it. I've taken off every scrap, except the kitchen and half of the border in baby #2's room. My mom is saving me a LOT of hassle. Merry Christmas to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eating the cookies you make is the best part- they look yummy- love Grammy

GRANDMA said...

WE HAD SO MUCH FUN. HE ATE MORE SPRINKLES THAN HE PUT ON COOKIES!! NOTICE THOMAS WAS WATCHING.....
LOVE
GRANDMA