We got up today and took Ethan to a very special place for him - the science center! I knew he would love seeing the holiday train room. In fact, he kept asking to go to "the choo-choo patch." He's a bit confused with the pumpkin patch, but whatever.
Train display in lobby

This ball floated - very cool

He had the best morning. He loves getting to touch everything, especially when it has a cool effect. He spent a lot of time in each room and was completely exhausted by the time we got home.
Making Music
He was most delighted when we got to the train room and he saw Thomas chugging along. He said "I told you Thomas was here!" Uh, no he didn't, but it was cute. We also asked him if he was a choo-choo. He replied, "No. I'm Ethan." We laughed and told him he is a boy. He replied, "No. I'm Ethan." Ok.
The dreaded water room
He took a nice, long nap (as did I...), and he was excited to see Grandma when he got up. They got busy playing, and AJ and I took off to do some shopping. Nothing too exciting (mainly groceries), but we did pick up a few stocking stuffers for Ethan.
Luna (aka Kennywood) Park
While we were in the book store, we got a phone call from my mom. Well, actually, Ethan was on the phone. He was SO excited to tell us that he went pee-pee on the potty! That's two days in a row! I got all excited, and I was loud, apparently, because a woman nearby smiled and said "Yay!" when she heard me. Ethan sat on his new potty that makes music anytime #1 or #2 hits the bottom. My mom said he was just giddy when the music went off, and he immediately asked for a lollipop. That is his bribery of choice! Let's hope this is a sign that we are moving in the right direction.
Lunch time - hot dog with ketchup
He chose a star wand from the gift shop...

I mailed my Christmas cards this afternoon, and I wrapped some gifts tonight - LOVE it! We only have 7.5 days of school before break. On one of those days, I will be on a field trip. AJ's concert is on Wednesday. It will be a busy week, so here's hoping it goes fast. We are really looking forward to spending some quality time with the little man and seeing family!





1 comment:
I just knew he was going to love the science center- it is the perfect place for kids to touch and explore. And I am sure the trains were the highlight!!!
love Grammy
Post a Comment