Yes, that's a bag & box from Tiffany. Yes, it's mine. Yes, I was beyond excited!
Hey mom,
What’s up? How ya doin’? Just wanted to drop you a quick note on Christmas to tell you about my gift for you. Betcha you didn’t know that I could type. I know, shocker right? Thank God that Teen-Teen got me that apple to type on or I was in real trouble. Any way there is this USB port on the side of it and dad helped me…sorry Thomas was making a mess and I forgot what I was doing. Anyhow, when Dad told me that we needed gifts for you he tried to make me give you the slippers, and let the cool gift come from him. What a lame-o. Like I would ever buy slippers. I mean has he even met me? Sometimes I don’t even know who he is anymore.
He is in the background right now telling me to write some stupid lovey-dovey thing about how much he loves you and is sooooo happy that you are in his life. Like that’s gonna happen. He can type his own letter. About the slippers. Sucker.
Anyhow the necklace came with three rings on it. I will romanticize (big word right?) by saying that it signifies the THREE of us. I should tell you that it should always remind you of the time that the THREE of us has together. (The lady at the store where everyone looked nervous told Dad you could add on any more rings that you would want, like you want to do that…)
I could tell you that the reason that one ring is higher than the other two is because you are above us. Or the reason that the necklace passes through the upper ring is because everything needs to be passed through you first. Both of these are true, but that isn’t why it is like that.
It’s like that because simply without you we would fall. Dad and I are the dangling little things that only work because you are holding us together. Without you we would just lay on the floor, doing nothing.
All of that is true but the real reason that I got this is because it is beautiful, just like you. I almost let it slip the other night. All of us toddlers sittin’ ‘round and talking and I was on my second or third sippy cup of 2% and you know how yappy I get. Anyhow I was afraid that one of the other kids would run their mouths and tell you what I had got you. Good thing they didn’t. I would get Giant Thomas after them. Bunch of losers.
Anyway, Merry Christmas and thank you for being such a great mommy. I won’t hold it against you that you wanted to have another kid after me, and I promise to not compare my perfection too much to him when he arrives.
E-face

2 comments:
That is the BEST EVER!!! So sweet.
Ethan is quite eloquent for such a little guy :-) I L.O.V.E. the necklace and the sentiment behind it!! GREAT job, "Ethan..."
Zach was pumped to hear that he was mentioned in the Kovall blog!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment