Today, I was lucky enough to have the company of my Mom. She brought dinner (yum!) and helped SO much. I got to grocery shop, do school work, and clean up a bit! That does NOT happen when I am by myself (as I am all this week. And the next. And the next. And the next) with a whiny dog and a teething child.
Ethan had a breakthrough - on my much-needed shopping trip today, I bought a different sippy cup. It has a rounder shape to the mouth part, so he seemed to understand he had to suck on it to get the water. He LOVED it! He even drank from it holding it himself! I was so excited :-) No more shot class for my little man! I may have to do it once more to satisfy my sister-in-law - she is right - that is a sight definitely worth filming!
At E's 9 month appointment, I completely forgot to mention his reflux medicine. He's been doing so well and hasn't had any issues since he was about 2 months old. I didn't want to mess with anything that was working, but now that he is upright and mobile, plus eating regular food more often, I wanted to make sure about his dosage. I spoke to the doctor today and got the approval to give weaning a try. We are currently at 3 small doses a day. We will try 2 doses for a week and see how he does. If he has no symptoms (arching, spitting up), we will go to 1 dose a day for a week, and hopefully all will be well and we can remove him from it totally.
Here is Ethan's latest fascination. Thank you, Papa Ted, for introducing this to him. Now, he crawls to the kitchen and stares at the fan and waves at it and whines to be picked up. But, only AJ and Papa can reach the fan. Good trick.
Ethan has also mastered the art of "bye-bye." He can do it now without us waving at him. I know he doesn't understand it means 'goodbye' yet, but it's still cute. He waves at everything! He even tries to wave while he's crawling. He is a weirdo.
With a crazy crawler comes new tasks - baby proofing. That is my task this weekend (and Grammy Phyllis's!). Ethan is VERY fast and loves going to places he should not be going. Today, he found the dog bowl. I knew it was only a matter of time! Baby proofing that is easy - we have a pantry we can shut her bowl in while she's not eating. All of our plugs are covered, but we need to get on our cabinets asap!

2 comments:
Okay - Ethan can be equal with Arlington and Finley only if he ATE some of the dog food. :) My girls found it quite tasty!
Ah the fan - my dad introduced my kids to it too. I think he has an evil plan in the works.
Yay for the sippy cup! It is cute to see him holding it himself - what a big boy. I still want to see the shot glass.
I would bet he has an idea about the waving- he is a smart boy! You should film that too! :) Get busy.
Enjoyed being with E. very much. He is my joy! I think his first word may be "this"
Post a Comment