Thursday, March 26, 2009

Daddy Disaster.

Tonight, I spent $120 on a new diaper bag and all of the supplies to go with it.

This is in AJ's words...I'll let him explain.

Everything was going so well...

The morning was progressing along as usual, we wake up, feed the boy, get ready, get him, and off we go. That is until my stupidity stepped in and took over. 

As always I walked E out to the car and when I put him in the car seat I set the baby bag on the trunk of the car. I put him in the seat and was talking to him and everything was pleasant. I then got in the car asked him if he was ready to go and left. Had a pretty uneventful drive to the nanny's and when I got there I got out of the car to get him. I opened the back door of the car to get the baby bag from the seat and set it back on the trunk while I get him out, and no bag. 

Gone. As Ethan says, "bye-bye". Panic. What to do now? 

I closed the door of the car and talked to the nanny about whether or not she wanted me to leave him with her when I went to get the bag that is apparently sitting in my parking lot at home, and she said, "No just leave him with me and come back." So after calling Riverside to take a half day, I began my, "Quest for the Holy Baby-Bag." Drove all the way back to Cranberry and when I pulled into the parking lot I was sure that I would see the bag sitting in the lot. 

I was wrong. 

I parked the car and entered the house thinking that I was really tired this morning and maybe just plain forgot the bag. I entered said domicile and after fighting back the ferocious beast that lives there, and is constantly donned with a cone, I still saw nary a bag. I then returned to my mighty steed and began re-driving my earlier course. Nothing. Not even a stray bottle or bib. I then gave up and returned to the house to make another bag. I made the bag and realizing that if I didn't return soon to the Nanny's the baby would turn into the "Angry-Screaming-Hungry-Teething-Yelling-Barbarian". So quickly I fetched up the bag, ran to the door, shut it, and started down the steps.

It was then that I realized that my keys were still in the house. With my phone. I knocked on the neighbor's door to ask if she had a key to the house, and she replied that she did not. I then realized that one of our two front windows to the house were unlocked, and our nice neighbor let me borrow a step stool to enter my own house. That I locked my keys in. With my phone. That I set down when I was making a second baby-bag. That I lost. I then returned to the nanny's in the nick of time, for the baby was mid-transition, and then promptly came to work.

Morale of the story: I hate the musical.

3 comments:

PletcherFamily said...

I am so sorry that this happened. It really stinks. We have all done it - being a parent makes you crazy enough and then the added stress of the musical - my goodness. I am just baffled about where it might have gone so fast....

Carrie said...

Ok, that's pretty funny. :) It happens to all of us at some point.

Grandma said...

Funny story, sorry it was true. I like the new bag better anyway :)