Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dog-GEE!!!

I'm going to count Doggy as Ethan's first (and favorite) word. He says it CONSTANTLY! And, he actually knows what he is saying - poor Bailey gets chased all day long while he screams "Dog-GEE" at the top of his lungs. He accents the GEE - sounds strange, but funny. Now that Ethan has learned the new trick of pulling himself up on the couch (he is getting better and better at it - walking here we come!), poor Bailey has no escape from him. She just sighs and runs away, which he thinks is hilarious. Our house is a zoo!

We had a busy weekend - Friday, Grandma visited and took E and I to Red Robin. Ethan enjoyed some chicken and fries and, of course, a balloon. Saturday, AJ had practice all day. E and I were on our own! He napped well, so I took him to see AJ for lunch. We got there a bit before their break time, so AJ had the best time holding Ethan while directing the kids. The kids were zeroed in on the baby, too. I think he enjoyed all of the attention! We had the best night with Ethan once AJ got home - we went to dinner at Domenico's (where my baby shower was). Ethan ate meatballs - he LOVED those! Well, once the fat belly was full, Ethan was all wound up. We went to Walmart for some things and cruised through the toy section where we found....Elmo Live. The $60 Elmo that Ethan fell in love with at Jen and Alaina's house. We were going to get it for him for his birthday, but we are suckers (well, I am, anyway, and AJ is a sucker for me!). His little face totally lit up and belly laughs ensued, so we bought it. It's from the Easter Bunny. That's my justification. Anyway, he stayed up until 8 (he's usually out by 7) just playing and singing with us. We were hoping that would mean we would get to sleep in today. Not so. Ethan woke up at 5. Singing. Laughing. Fake coughing. Annoying. He fell in and out of sleep until about 7:15 when I went to get him. Dummy was EXHAUSTED from being basically up for a few hours! He ate, played for a 1/2 hour, then went back to sleep until 9:45 - I was so appreciative of that! AJ's parents came this afternoon. They were on baby duty while AJ and went grocery shopping. It is so much easier to be baby free for errands! They took Ethan and Bailey on a long walk (both loved the fresh air!) and we all went to dinner at Mad Mex. Nothing there for fat baby to eat! He was so sleepy all day - I think his teeth are pushing through more, which always irritates him. He had a great day anyway, especially because Aunt Jennifer sent home an entire toy store for him! It's nice having the youngest child :-) He really loved all of the new (and noisy) things to play with, so thank you for that, Jen!

Here are picks from Ethan's first hair cut through today. P-I-T-T LET'S GO PITT!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Glad all of you had a fun day. How could it not be with Ethan?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear him say DogGee!

PletcherFamily said...

Oh my~ What a great first word! You have to video tape it so we can hear it!

I love the hair cut. He looks so cute (as always)

And I am glad you liked the toys. My pleasure! There are just a few (ha ha) more where they came from!!!