Saturday, April 14, 2012

Swimming!

Today we started swim lessons for both boys. Ethan has done this every spring at the Y, and we've been pretty happy with the classes. It was interesting getting both boys ready for 9 a.m. classes, but we did it.
Two Big Heads, Ready to Go
Ethan waited at the observation window for his turn.
Beyond anxious to get in...
Jack went first and did GREAT! We knew he would - the kid LOVES the tub and splashing. Today was no different. Literally as soon as AJ got him in the water, he was cooing and playing. He was so at ease in the water that his teacher used him as the 'demo' baby. That did not happen with Ethan when he was Jack's age - he was a bit more timid at first.
Look at how they are looking at each other!
Water bug!
He was pretty proud of himself.
Splashing
This class has a really great teacher who focuses on skills. We've had one or two teachers in the past who just focused on singing and playing, which is fine, BUT, I can do that for free in the bathtub. If I'm paying for swim LESSONS, I want lessons, and we got them today.
I think AJ had just as much fun as Jack did.
Going for a duck!
Dunked!
Ethan's class went next, and he had the same teacher, along with another one. This class was also run really well. This is Ethan's first time in the pool without either AJ or I in there with him, but he didn't mind at all - he got right in with the other kids. His problem is going to be more of keeping him calm enough and focused to listen to the teacher. He was a bit squirrelly, but I think that now that he knows what to expect (i.e., not a class where you splash and chase a rubber duck), he'll be ok.
Getting their instructions
Blowing bubbles - he likes that.
Class rule - hands on the bar!
Floating with his teacher.
Waiting to jump

Success!
Swimming to the ladder
Both boys were POOPED after class today - they both took really great naps (and so did AJ and I) and then Ethan and I went to a birthday party. Busy, busy Saturday.

No comments: