I started my spring break yesterday - one glorious, quiet day before everyone else :-) I took Ethan to school for the morning and then napped like a champ. I loved every minute of it. When he came home and napped, I read a book. Awesome.
We dyed our Easter eggs last night. I had this brilliant plan I found on Pinterest to use Kool-Aid to do the eggs. Supposedly they would be very vibrant, without the use of harsh vinegar. I was game. The results were...interesting. A few of the colors really did turn out great. One of them turned black. Some of them got streaky, but I think that was due to the eggs (and the fact that Ethan could not keep his hands off of them to dry...) We tried masking them with wraps and stickers, but it is still a sorry looking bunch. We tried.
Today was Ethan's Easter party at school. We used the down time (i.e. - only one child time) to get to work. I organized both boys' closets. Out with the winter stuff and in with summer - hopefully. This task was a bit more difficult this year because Jackson wants to be in EVERYTHING. At one point, he was sitting on my feet unfolding everything I had folded. Such a helper...I put all of Ethan's 3T clothes in a bin for Jackson. All of Jackson's 9 mos clothes are in a different bin to get donated. Breaks my heart. I have so many memories of both boys wearing those clothes. It almost feels sacrilegious to get rid of them, but sentimentality aside, it feels great. It's like the Great Purge of 2012 has begun - let's make some room in this house!
Ethan came home so excited - he donned a bunny nose (and ears) and a gigantic treat bag. He had to take out each treat and show AJ and I, oohing and aahing. He has been very good about sharing, too :-)

AJ took Ethan outside to FINALLY work in our yard. Our next door neighbor (who has already cut his grass about 15 times this season) was probably so happy to hear our lawn mower. While they worked in the yard, Jack and I spring cleaned the dining room. Again, he was very helpful - pulling on my pant legs when I would try to walk, yanking the curtains down, etc.

After nap, it was more yard work, spring cleaning the boys' rooms, and Easter craft time. Ethan picked out these egg wreaths. We have been working on his major 'tude he's developed recently, and it seems that when we have specific Ethan time/activities, he does better. Since he got to be outside and work on crafts today without his brother, he did great. The irony is that Ethan is far more interested in Jack than Jack is in Ethan. If Ethan could just learn how to play nicely, there would be far fewer incidents of time out.

Tomorrow's agenda: AJ and Ethan will tackle the dreaded toy room while Jack and I spring clean the kitchen and bathroom. Sounds fun, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment