Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Another holiday here and gone. Jackson's 1st Easter. We are tired.
Their loot.
Jack's goodies
Ethan's goods
AJ spent last night at the Penguin game with his dad while I had the pleasure of dealing with both boys by myself while cleaning and cooking for Easter. It was interesting. They were pretty good. Ethan loves to help in the kitchen, and he loves to entertain Jackson, so I was pretty productive. I'm not even sure why I spring cleaned this year - seriously, it lasted about 10 hours. Ah, well. The boys are running around having a blast. At least I know they are playing in a cleaner environment than before.
Jack very seriously studied his gifts before tearing in.
Cool Cars Shades
We had a great day with lots of food and family. Ethan was up EARLY, despite staying up a bit later last night. We kept him in bed until Jack woke up a bit before 7. We hid E's basket this year for the first time. He was getting pretty upset when he couldn't find it at first. That pesky rabbit hid it in the washing machine...
The best gift - Cars Play Doh molds!
Bunny #1
Ethan was most excited by his Cars Play Doh. Jack did get some little toys, but really just wanted to grab things from Ethan. Such is the life of the younger child.
They each got one of these, but as per usual,
fought over the same one all day.
Jack did have the better outfit, though...He will hate me someday, but that bunny tail is about the cutest thing I've ever seen!
Bunny #2
How cute is this kid?
The grandparents came over during Jack's first nap, right about the time Ethan was going stir crazy (and sugar crazy - sneaking jelly beans), so we turned them loose in the yard to hunt for eggs. That poor bunny was up at 6:30 this COLD morning scattering them. Bunny is tired.
He ran liked a crazed man in no particular order.
This one was tricky!
He was so excited.
He did share some eggs with all of us.
NOT the egg with Lightning, though.
We had a great meal prepared by my mom & some yummy desserts baked by Ethan and I. We are all stuffed. Uncle Ryan took Ethan out in the yard for a bit to try to teach him how to catch. It did not go well; yeah, we know Ethan will not be the athlete. It's ok. While that was going on, Jackson discovered the Easter basket grass, thanks to his Papa. This was the highlight of Jack's day, and we are still cleaning up the aftermath.
While visiting with my brother after everyone else left, we got to talking about the boys' upcoming birthdays and their party (which, by the way, will be June 3. Be there or be square.) He asked me about their 'wish lists' for their gifts. Despite the fact that Pinterest is making me a crazy planner and I've already ordered their adorable invitations, I still can't believe I have to start planning more. Cakes. Gifts. Treat bags for the kids. Food. Cleaning. Yoy. My boys will be celebrating their 1st and 4th birthdays in less than 2 months. My goodness, time flew by this year.

No comments: