Friday, April 15, 2011

Just for Fun

Since I am currently MISERABLY pregnant, I am going to focus on the good. My already-birthed child. He is pretty funny.

- We went to Eat n Park the other night, and it was raining. As my mom got Ethan out of the car, he cuddled to her and said, "Grandma, hurry up! We have to get out of this blizzard."

A short video of E's 'fish lips'
- He still loves saying his prayers at night. Though, I suspect he blesses so many items and people each night as a way to stay up a bit longer...Frequently blessed by Ethan (other than his grandparents) : his ceiling fan, the alphabet, his hats, his ball b's (blankets), an octopus in one of his books, his undies. I could go on and on. I finally got it on video, but it is too large for the blog. Sorry!

- He has adopted AJ's phrasing for 'going #2'. Ethan now says he "made doopy."
His babysitters let him pick his socks...
- We got to play in the yard yesterday when we had some nice weather. I, crazily, decided the leaves had to be raked. I made a big pile, which was too tempting for Ethan. He kept walking through it, kicking leaves all over the place. After the 15th time of me asking him nicely not to do that only to have him do it again, I got a little more stern in my voice. He pointed his finger at me and growled, "Shush. Don't you say that." When he got scolded for that, he got the biggest pout ever, yelled, "I'm leaving" and stalked to our next door neighbor's yard.

Dancing before bedtime...
- Today, AJ asked him what he wanted for dinner. First, he said, "Jelly beans." Then, when he saw AJ feeding Bailey, he said, "I want dog food for supper." Nice.
Chilling, watching Bailey eat...

- He came home from the baby sitter's yesterday with a REALLY runny nose. His eyes were a bit runny, so I wondered if he inherited my bad allergies. Well, I think it is a cold. He woke up at about 9:30 last night sobbing. We heard him gagging. Poor thing had drainage and ended up spitting up in his bed. We brought him out on the couch to settle down, then tilted his bed a bit. He woke up LATE today (AJ took a half day to let E rest) and seems to be feeling better. His nose is still a bit runny, but he is in really good spirits. This is good because...

...We are really looking forward to tomorrow - we start his swim lessons. This is always one of our favorite things to do with him. This will be the last time we get to get in the water with him. We are going to sign him up in the fall when he will move to the big boy class. Hard to believe. AJ will be handling this session as I am far too round for any bathing suit. I will take pictures!

1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

This post is flippin hilarious! He is just so funny!

Him running away is SOOOO AJ. ;) That was hysterical.

Give him a big kiss from me.