Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter, with TONS of pictures!

Our festivities began last night with some egg coloring. I was dreading the mess, but we decided to take the 'fun' out on our deck. A few weekends ago, AJ and his dad put up our awning and AJ brought out our patio set, so the rain didn't matter at all.
Ethan was interested for just a bit, but he was more interested in going inside to play with his new flashlight the Easter Bunny brought him a day early at my mom's. He did love 'mixing' the colors and seeing the progress the eggs made in the dyes.
We had a few casualties - he kept plopping the eggs on the tables so they got little cracks. He would be very concerned about the cracks and touch them, which quickly turned into him poking his finger THROUGH the crack and into the eggs. Nice.
We got up this morning at 7:30. Ethan got right into his basket - coloring and 'fishing' with his little game. Those were big hits.
Well, those and the jelly beans - he ate about 10 of them before breakfast. He was pretty excited to try a marshmallow peep, but took one bite and didn't like it. He did give them another chance later in the day...(to be continued)
We had our Easter egg hunt in the house because it's pretty much been pouring outside since the middle of the night. Ethan got really into it. Hopefully next year will be a nice day and we can put them all over the yard.
We got him into his cute outfit - Mary Louise got him this last year for his birthday and we've been waiting to wear it. He looked adorable.
For all of five minutes. He went downstairs to what I thought was the playroom. Two minutes later, I hear him say "I got paint everywhere." I ran down and he was in our laundry room with paint on his hands, in his hair, and on his outfit. AJ was supposed to dump out the extra paint in the tray that I used last night in the nursery. Apparently, he didn't get it all. I was SO SO mad, but at least I thought to take pictures before the mess.
My mom and brother came over and we had a great dinner. Ethan had a blast showing off all of his new stuff. He got some goodies - apparently, the Easter Bunny stopped everywhere for Ethan. He loved it! Anyway, while we were eating, my mom asked Ethan if he liked kielbasa. He replied, "No. I like banana bread and jelly beans." Ok, then.
Take #2 - Yum. He ate all of the beaks.
Ethan took Uncle Ryan downstairs and they played (and made a huge mess!) for about an hour. Mom and I relaxed while AJ cleaned up - he's got the Pap Pap genes for sure :-) Ethan was exhausted, but didn't want anyone to leave. Poor baby...
We hope everyone had a great day. We are glad to have one more day to be home and get ready for the final stretch of the school year!

No comments: