We said goodbye to Nanny this weekend at a beautiful memorial service. There was an entire church full of people there (many wearing orange, Nanny's favorite color) to send her off (with lots and lots of food!). She was a great lady. I didn't speak on her behalf, mainly because I am a huge crier (and huge, hormonal preggo) and knew I couldn't. But, I loved hearing people reminisce about her. One thing that really stuck with me was said by the preacher of the church. She talked about how any time there was a problem at the church or something needed fixed, Nanny always had a solution. That is such a (I thought) Kovall trait. AJ's dad is (in)famous for his ability to think practically and jimirig anything. AJ has also inherited this gene. It was just sweet to hear that Nanny is the one who passed along this trait that I'm told she got from her father. I hope Ethan can continue the streak! The preacher also talked a lot about how we are all forever changed because we knew Nanny. I think, in all situations, that it's hard to remember that all the time. Not only do we not realize the impact we have on everyone else, but we can sometimes forget all of the good that comes out of our relationships and get caught up in the distance or frustrations. It was nice to be reminded of that. So, we offer one last thank you to Nanny on her day (and what a gorgeous day it was - Mother Nature cooperated!). As AJ so (well, not so...) eloquently stated today - we wish you an orange river in heaven :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment