We have a nice, long Easter break and are taking advantage of every moment. I was the only one with Thursday off. I spent it by working myself ragged - up by 8, scrubbing the carpet & painting in the baby's room, spring cleaning Ethan's room, doing laundry, etc. I was so sore that night, but I felt good knowing the progress I made. And, we were able to get Ethan a hair cut after he and AJ got home. He did a GREAT job - he sat still the entire time and even let the stylist use clippers on him. I couldn't believe it! When he lets us comb it, his hair looks awesome. Hopefully this hair cut will last longer than 2 weeks...
In GiGi's chair
Friday was super busy. We got up, AJ mowed our lawn (I know our next door neighbor was happy - he is retired and has seriously mowed his lawn 4 times this week...), I finished E's room by doing the carpet, and off we went to GiGi's house. Ethan was beyond excited to go there and visit. There are lots of cool rooms there and GiGi lets Ethan touch everything.

We had a great dinner (Ethan even ate a pierogie!) and a nice visit. GiGi let Ethan terrorize her house, which he loved.
The aftermath...

While we were there, we got to go 'shopping' in the basement which became our storage unit when we moved from Cranberry. We made a TON of progress and found a lot of great stuff for Baby #2 that we saved from Ethan. One more trip, and GiGi might have her basement back!
This happened on Grammy's watch...

We dropped Ethan off at my mom's for the night. He was excited because she bought Buzz Lightyear sheets for his bed there. Too cute. Having him out of the house gave us the chance to do paint touch ups in his room (the walls were a mess - he went through a phase when he would scrape things on the walls - bad boy!) and move all of his furniture into the nursery. We are almost all set for baby!

The most exciting part of the weekend happened this afternoon when Ethan's big boy furniture came in! It's so different walking into his room and seeing a twin bed instead of his crib-turned-toddler bed. We are really happy with it, though. Ethan looks so very tiny in that big bed! He walked in to see his 'new' room for the first time and went, "Wow. Look at that. It's so pretty."
Climbing up...

Then, he immediately tried to jump up on his bed which was impossible since his bed is up so high! He was been using his little step stool to climb in.
He loves his new bed!
The Dresser
I am currently putting the finishing touches on the baby's room and waiting for the Easter Bunny to arrive. Ethan and my mom are getting ready to color eggs and surely made a ridiculous mess of my house. We are doing an egg hunt tomorrow with Ethan - the weather will dictate whether it is outside or inside. We are hosting my mom's yummy dinner and my brother, Ryan. It should be a good, more restful day than the last few. Enjoy the holiday!


2 comments:
I love the furniture! He does look little!
The furniture looks beautiful!!!
love Grammy
Post a Comment