I am almost 29 weeks pregnant - 7 months. The third trimester. There is light at the end of this LONG tunnel :-) I am feeling ok. Huge, but ok. I am sore, but not really my back. It's just my joints anywhere close to my hips and belly/pelvic area. I wake up pretty much every hour and have to readjust my position because I'm in pain. I have to take a minute to stand up because I'm so sore, even if I've only been sitting for a few minutes. Things could be worse, though. Everything seems to be progressing just as it should be. The baby is still crazy active (and STRONG!), and we still cannot wait to meet the little guy. It's funny, but at this point in my pregnancy with Ethan, I only (unknowingly) had 8 weeks to go. That doesn't seem very long, now does it? Well, it does when I think about 50 some more days of being sore and facing constant kicking, but you know...
28 weeks, 6 days
I had my doctor appointment yesterday after school. I met with another new doctor - this doctor is my friend, Jen's, regular doctor and she came with high recommendations. She was very nice. When I spoke to her about some of the discomfort I've been feeling and a bit worried about, she knew right away what I was feeling. She had two c-sections herself, and she told me that it's very common after a c-section to feel much more uncomfortable during pregnancy due to the scar tissue and stretching. So, that made me feel better. Well, mentally and not physically, but still. Then, I got to schedule a date to have my newest little man! Thursday, June 16. It feels odd to have that date. I will be exactly 39 weeks. We'll see if this little man makes it that far!
Ethan was nice to his brother for a moment...
In other exciting news - it is now officially the last quarter of the school year! That means we have about 40 days left of school. Insane! Time is just going so fast, which is a good thing, but I always start to feel panicked like I haven't gotten as far as I need to. This year it's especially bad because on top of the school stuff, I have the added feeling of needing to get things done before baby comes.
This will be easier because my mom moved out this past weekend. Ethan was SO sad to see his pj party pal (or his best buddy, as he referred to her the other night), but she has found a great apartment for herself. It is going to be great having her only 10 minutes away! We've already visited - much better than the drive to Monroeville.
Ethan was quite helpful packing the U-Haul

Given the sad news we got over the weekend, we chose to channel our grief into keeping busy. I started spring cleaning (I have one VERY clean bathroom. That's it so far.). AJ did mounds of laundry. I did lesson plans and graded stuff. We bought our baby monitor (thank you, Grammy and Papa!) and bought E's big boy furniture - I can't wait for it to come in over Easter break! He is excited for his new bed. He was pretty disappointed when we came home empty handed from the store - he kept asking to open his bed. Poor guy. He sleeps on a twin at Grammy and Papa's and loves it, so he's been talking about his big boy bed for days. Since the crib will be ready to move in a few weeks, we need to get cracking on the painting of baby's room - I started already by painting the trim - the WORST part. I'm looking forward to seeing it put together soon.
"Driving"

AJ and I got to go the Penguin game last night. It was fun - I haven't been to one yet this year and it was the last game of the regular season. We got to see a win, which was nice. It was just awfully late (10 pm) to be out on a school night! I am exhausted today - pathetic, I know. But, here are two amusing pictures from our evening out.


We are preparing for a rough end of the week. We have two funerals this weekend - unreal. A great friend of ours, Erin, lost her 4-year-old son this week. It's just incomprehensible to me - the thought of losing a child. They have had to see their boy suffer so much in his short life. It just makes me realize how very lucky we are to have Ethan as healthy as he is. I've never been to a viewing for one so young, and I know it is going to be one of the toughest things I will do. A few days after that, we will be heading in for Nanny's memorial service. That will be a tough day for our family. Please keep our family and Erin's family in your thoughts over these next few days.

1 comment:
I am so sorry about your friend's little one. little kid funerals are hard but I am glad you are going to be there for your friend.
On the other hand - you look great! Can't wait to see baby belly!
Post a Comment