When I got home from school today, I logged onto Facebook to check up on a friend of mine from high school. He just had a little girl last week, and she has had complications since birth. After some testing, they found that she had Emanuel Disorder, which is a very rare genetic complication that can severely delay kids. I've been thinking a lot about him and his family, wondering how I would have ever been able to handle such news. Today, his status read that their little girl, Sally, passed away this morning. It's just terrible. I hate to hear about any baby being sick or killed, but it especially hits hard when it is someone you know. My heart is just broken for their family.
To pile on the grief, one of my dearest neighbors growing up, Mark, had his little girl diagnosed with brain cancer when she was one. Hailey has fought and fought, but after over a year of the battle, her little body has had enough. They are preparing for her final days. Seriously, how unfair things can be.
Please keep these two families in your thoughts and prayers.
Ethan saw me crying today, possibly for the first time. He came over, touched my tears, and said, "Mommy's all wet." Then, he ran to the couch, grabbed his favorite blanket and milk and asked me if I needed them. Smart guy. He knows when he is sad, those are the items he wants for comfort.
3 comments:
I am so sorry about your friends and their children. I had been following your friend Mark, but I seemed to have lost their caring bridge. Can you send it to me? We will be thinking of both families and their situations. I can't even imagine.
Oh, man. I don't even like to think about things like this. I'll keep both of your pals in my prayers. This just confirms the "NO SAD MOVIES ABOUT KIDS" theme for our get together.
There arent any words to describe how we feel about little ones passing away. Hailey and family have been in my prayers from day one. Now, another high school friend of yours.........sometimes life just isn't fair.
Thank God for Ethan.
Love you,
Mama
Post a Comment