It's almost Thanksgiving. I don't know where the time is going!
Ethan had a fabulous weekend. His Grammy & Papa visiting for a bit on Friday after school. They humored him and let him take out ALL of his toys in the playroom (they did clean up, though!) and stayed down there the whole time. He loves it down there!
On Saturday, Ethan had even more visitors. Uncle Ryan and Grandma came up in the early afternoon. Ethan got a big kick out of Ryan - they threw balls all over the house, got Bailey all wound up, and played with Play Doh. Ethan loves performing for visitors, so he was in rare form all weekend (i.e., running around in circles for an hour, bringing out and announcing every toy, etc.).
He's very into cheesing for the camera now.
My mom spent the night (Ethan loves their regular 'pj parties') while AJ was gone all day with musical auditions and Honors Choir. It was nice to have some company! By the way - AJ is doing "Guys & Dolls" this year and came home VERY pleased with how auditions went :-)
Sunday was a bit more traumatic for E. We bundled him up to get a hair cut. We'd been talking it up all weekend - hair cuts don't hurt, Finley and Papa get hair cuts, if you sit like a good boy we'll get you ice cream, etc. - hoping he would not have a meltdown. It worked. For 2 minutes. It started out really well - he sat on my mom's lap and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on the iPod. He seemed really unfazed as the stylist cut the back. It all went downhill when she got near his ears. Then he remembered where he was and decided he was NOT happy about it. He threw a major fit and AJ ended up holding him hostage while the poor stylist finished. Luckily, we had her cut his hair quite short. Hopefully it will last for over a month, but with the way his hair grows, I don't know. We took him shopping right after and let him pick out a new Thomas toy, then gave him ice cream. We are hoping if we can help him associate hair cuts with good things, he'll stop being such an embarrassing spaz.
Look how cute he looks
with the hair cut!
AJ and I headed to Robinson to do some Christmas shopping - we were pretty successful. We also picked up Ethan's Christmas outfit - I am in love with the little sweater we chose for him! Here's hoping he'll sit still for a cute picture this year. Hmm...

3 comments:
That is a great haircut- doesn't he look older!!! love Grammy
Yes, he does look older grammy. Thats the first thing I said!!! Hope each time, it will be less traumatic for him.
Grandma loves the pj sleepovers with Ethan. Hey, what can I say, I have no other life than my children and grandchild.......it's pretty ok with me:)
He looks so much older with his hair like that. I love it! I am sorry he is so traumatized. Poor baby - I am glad he got a treat after the torture.
Post a Comment