If ever there was a doubt that Ethan is ALL boy, consider this week. He came home from his babysitter's with two skinned knees. They are badges of honor - he frequently points out his "boo-boos" to us, all with an expression of pride and amusement on his face.
My little helper :-)

He's figured out how to work some keys!
Today, he took boo-boos to a new level. We've been enjoying some time outside this week since the heat broke a bit. AJ has taken to weed whacking and trimming our lawn, I've trimmed hedges, Bailey has chased a ball, and Ethan has followed one of us around (behind AJ and I, he followed with a broom or his rake - such a helper; behind Bailey, he followed with crazed laughter...).

All was going well until he asked to play in the car. He loves to go in there and push buttons. I let him in and told him to keep the door open - for some reason, he loves the idea of shutting the door, but gets ticked when he can't reopen it, thus creating a maddening cycle for AJ and I.
So, I go about watering my veggies and notice him starting to lean out of the car - I immediately go running, yelling at him not to close the door and to be careful. Mid-sentence, I see my sweet boy tumble onto the ground, face first.

He was pretty upset at first, but after a few minutes of tears, we settled on the couch for some Mickey Mouse and a popsicle - what better remedy? We gave him a bit of medicine - that fall had to have hurt - and he had a great remainder of the evening.
Seriously - how cute is this child?

Here's hoping we can at least make it through the rest of summer with no more injuries...

3 comments:
AWW GRANDMA JUST WANTS TO GIVE HIM KISSES FOR HIS BOO BOO'S. I'M GLAD I WASN'T THERE, CAN'T STAND TO SEE HIM HURT.
GLAD HE HAD A GOOD EVENING. LOVE THE BATHTUB PICTURE WITH THE WASHCLOTH!! TOO CUTE.
SEE ALL OF YOU OVER THE WEEKEND!
LOVE,
GRANDMA
Poor baby. such cute pictures! You are right - those boo-boo's are badges of honor! That means he is having a good time! :)
BAD, BAD CAR- hurting our little baby- I guess he wouldn't be A.J.'s son if he didn't have bruises. Maybe they need kisses from Grammy and Papa.
Post a Comment