5:50 - alarm rings. Worst sound ever.
6:30 - AJ and I go into Ethan's silent room (guess Mr. No Nap was tired) and find him dead asleep, with his little head hanging off the bed.
6:35 - AJ rushes Ethan out the door as the boy screams "MOMMY!" That was lovely.
1st - 2nd period - honors kids rule. Great conversation with great kids.
3rd period - study hall with 58 kids. That did not rule. But, at least I got to see my former students and catch up with them.
4th period - more fun honors kids.
5th - 6th period - English 9. Hooligans. Had to live up to my reputation of being mean. Scared a few children. I also have the reputation of giving a lot of work. I will take both of those!
7th period - Lunch with 3 lovely gentlemen. And, I could finally go to the bathroom.
8th period - PSSA assembly (seriously - did this have to be on the first day of school?). After that fun, we had 15 minutes of English 9 left. That was productive.
9th period - Prep. Furiously making copies.
3:30 - "Hi Mommy!" Ethan came tearing up the steps and crawled into my lap. Cuddling ensued for the rest of the night. I'm much more appreciative of my time with him when I don't have him whining for "More Mickey Mouse" eight hours a day.
Speaking of Mickey Mouse, Ethan will become the mouse for Halloween. Bailey will be his Minnie. I'm pretty excited. As is Bailey.
One last note of Day One - we got some news about our babysitter. She will be having more surgery in late September. She will be fine, but it will make her out of commission for 8 weeks. So, we are researching local daycares to find something else. Good thing I did a lot of school planning this summer!

4 comments:
SOUNDS LIKE THE START OF A FUN YEAR! I'M SURE YOU'LL FIND A NICE DAY CARE FOR ETHAN. WISH I DIDN'T HAVE TO MAKE A LIVING......I'D WATCH HIM EVERYDAY!
GRANDMA XOXOXO
This was a laugh out loud post!! I am glad you survived your first day.
I am so sorry about your nanny - sorry she has to have more surgery, and sorry you are now in a bind. I wish we could help. good luck in your search - you will find something great I know you will!
58 in a study hall is not cool but at least you have prep at the end of the day and 3 honors classes is just wonderful.
I forgot to sign my name - anonymous would be me-Grammy. Papa and I are ready to help care for Ethan any day and any way we can.
Post a Comment