2014. 2014! AJ and I first celebrated New Year's together in 1999. We were in college and partied all night with friends. Needless to say, things have changed in 14 years. This past celebration, we hung out at home, played Connect Four with the boys, and watched a rented movie with Aaron. In fact, he left by 11:30 to beat traffic, and we went right to bed at 12:02. Party animals.
We're not big on resolutions around here, BUT there are a few goals we all have for the year.
For J, it would be to consume as much knowledge about the planets as he possibly can. And to get his little behind potty trained. Ahem. He is really his own little person - content to pretend everything is a rocket ship or a planet and ignore us when we try to get him on the potty. He's a trip.
For E, it would be to continue to work hard at mastering reading (he is currently making HUGE strides in this department!). He is also starting gymnastics in a week and will pick back up with soccer in the spring. Gotta get that energy under control :-)
For AJ, he has become quite the fitness enthusiast these days; he runs, he lifts weights, he pays attention to what he eats. Who is this person??? He is going to continue down the healthy path. I'm trying to get him to sign up to run a half marathon with me in the fall. We are already running the marathon relay this spring, so 6 more miles is nothing. Right? Right.
For me, I have a few things I want to accomplish. Like - getting caught up on scrapbooks, Jack's baby book (bad, bad mommy to a second child, though I am a deprived second child, too...), order the thousands of pictures I took in 2013 that are currently stored on the computer, READ more for fun and relaxation, continue running (2 more half marathons this year, please!), and pick up yoga more.
Ok, so I pretty much made a To Do list, but you get the point. We get so busy with work and activities that we forget to slow down and be present in them. That's the main goal. Our boys are growing so fast, fast, fast. I need to pay more attention to the little details of these ages. I would love to document them more. This year, blogging about them and photographing them became an afterthought, and I don't want to continue to do that. I started this blog as a tool to help us remember all of the amazing things we've done as a family, a way to continue to share our lives with our boys when they are older. What a great gift it will be.
2013 wasn't so bad, either.
http://flipagram.com/f/HoBLkbCASa#
Wednesday, October 14: Catching Up
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment