Saturday, January 25, 2014

Living the Active Life

A few weeks ago, Ethan came home from school SO excited to sign up for the Pittsburgh Kids of Steel Marathon program. His gym teacher (and one of his favorite people on the planet) brought in a speaker from the marathon, and he loved every second of her presentation. Between then and May 3, he will run 25.2 miles. I have a log for him that we keep track of, both at home and at school. Then on May 3, he and I will run the final mile together in Pittsburgh. He will get a race t-shirt and his very first finisher's medal! I couldn't be prouder :-)
It's blurry, but it's the best I could do on my phone through the window!

We also started his tumbling and trampoline class last week. Let me tell you, if ever there was a class designed exactly for Ethan, this is it. He was timid for about two seconds. After that, a slow giggly smile was on his face as he looked around at his classmates during stretching - you could literally see him thinking, "I get to do this? Really? Awesome!" It was cute. After stretching, he got to either bounce on the trampoline or do summersaults and cartwheels. He can't wait to go back. He told me his teacher, who is a guy that rough-houses and runs around like crazy with the kids, also says potty words and is so funny. Super.


No comments: