Ethan and his twin Elf...note that they both sport the same fake smile...
His classroom elf, Clara, is pretty good. One day, she brought them all tickets for the Polar Express, along with a bell necklace to wear. After school, Ethan couldn't wait to have me ring the bell. He was relieved to see that I, too, could hear the bell, which means that I (of course!) still believe in the magic of Christmas. It was seriously sweet.
Buddy fell off the wagon and hit the syrup one evening this week.
Then, Clara gave them magic seeds to plant so they could get a special surprise the next day. Candy canes magically grew from those seeds. You would have thought Clara brought Ethan a million dollars with how excited he was. He hurried up and ate the entire thing, mainly due to his fear that AJ would take it from him. See, Daddy had a bit of a meltdown earlier in the week. My mom and I were making chocolate covered pretzels and mint chocolate bark for gifts for E's teachers. We gave each of the boys a candy cane from our stash while we were working. Ethan JUST HAD to show AJ his candy cane. Right in his face. AJ acknowledged said cane, but Ethan didn't feel he was enthusiastic enough. Naturally, Ethan shoved the cane closer to him. Like, right on his nose. AJ then proceeded to wail the candy cane across the room, where it shattered to a bunch of pieces. Mommy and Ethan were NOT happy about that. So when Ethan got a new candy cane from Clara, Ethan brought up AJ's Hulk moment. "Daddy didn't make a good behavior choice. He's going to get coal in his stocking." So there.
Buddy got very brave this year and zip-lined between light fixtures.
We spent a ton of our evening on Thursday night getting ready for Ethan's big Christmas party on Friday. We had to write out cards to his teachers, get a fruit salad for his class snack, and make goodie bags for his classmates. It was quite a task. My mom and I had made homemade candy for his teachers earlier in the week (which Ethan decorated), so I had my hands full for Friday. I can't say enough how great it is having Ethan in my school district. My school day got done an hour early on Friday, so I was able to walk across the parking lot and go to Ethan's class party. He is still at an age when he's REALLY excited to have me there. He just lit up! I was in charge of helping the kids make special reindeer food for Christmas Eve. Think glitter. Everywhere.
AJ saw these cute lights and HAD to buy them for Buddy's staging.
I found a Buddy puzzle in NYC. Ethan was super excited!
We are currently in a wrapping and cleaning frenzy to get ready for the Big Guy on Wednesday. I need a real elf.





No comments:
Post a Comment