Saturday, November 12, 2011

Two Sick Boys :-(

Both of my babies are sick this week. Jack had been snotty for about a week, especially after going to a real daycare for a day. He's always a little snotty, I think because he sleeps on his belly. But it had gotten to a legit cold and now it seems to have moved to his chest. Poor little baby has a very bad cough. We took him to the doctor's this morning, just to be safe. His lungs looked good, but we got an antibiotic since he's been sick for over a week now. Here's hoping he gets some relief soon.
We bought this for my mom &
finally put it up for her - I love it!
While we were there, we asked the doctor about Ethan - he woke up this morning with a very bloodshot eye. I figured he probably just rubbed it or something, but the doctor suggested it might be a touch of pink eye. Ethan stayed home with my mom during the appointment, but luckily the doctor wrote us a prescription in case it was still red when we got back. It was much redder. Trying to get eye drops into a 3-year-old's eyes should be a new Olympic sport...
Sick baby...
To make things MORE sucky for the Kovall house, Ethan has had a rough time sleeping lately, which NEVER happens. He woke up three times last night, just sobbing uncontrollably. He wasn't sick, he didn't go to the bathroom, and he said he felt fine. We couldn't figure it out. I asked him if he had a bad dream and he screamed "YES." I felt so bad. Each time, I laid with him until he fell back asleep. Poor baby. He did the same thing today during nap time. He was exhausted this evening, but got to play with Uncle Ryan for a bit and then begged to go to Grandma's house. Here's hoping he doesn't give her too much grief tonight!

So, I cheated a little bit this week. We have been trying to spoon-feed Jack some cereal for weeks now, to no avail. He never looks thrilled with it, but he will open his mouth only to immediately shove out the cereal with his tongue. I couldn't tell if he just couldn't figure out HOW to spoon-feed or if he just really didn't like the texture of the cereal. I decided to experiment with some baby food. With Ethan, I did everything by the book - no food until 6 months, started with green veggies, then orange veggies, then fruits, etc. But, with Jack we feel a little more comfortable experimenting. We gave Jack a few tastes of carrots with his cereal. He seemed to like them. He's still not great with the spoon, but you could see his little tongue working harder to try to eat. He kept licking his lips! We will keep trying. The little one doesn't know what he's missing!
Jack was very interested in the book.
Other than the sick and feeding drama, we've had a nice weekend. The boys enjoyed a nice visit with AJ's parents on Friday. AJ and his dad got our yard winter-ready while his mom and I went through an INSANE amount of clothes for Ethan, courtesy of Aunt Jenny. I love having younger boys because we get all of "C's" clothes, but this was a bit much:

1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

Oh wow - all those clothes were in that bag? Yeah - don't show that picture to Mat! ;)

I hope the boys feel better soon!