Saturday, November 5, 2011

Two Circuses

The first circus would be our house. The dog. The boys. The toys. The school work. It's a noisy, busy mess 'round these parts.

The second circus would be Ringling Brothers. My mom and I took Ethan on Friday night. Both he and Jack had gone to daycare/school that day. I cried like a baby leaving Jack with someone other than Christine, but he did just fine. The babysitters loved him, of course. He didn't nap very well, but was very happy.
There were 11 motorcycles in there!
Very entertained...
Ethan didn't nap either, so little man was pretty tired during the circus, which was 2 hours long. I about died when at 8:10, they stopped things only to announce it was intermission. I was ready for bed! Ethan did love it, though.
E kept yelling for these guys to 'be careful up there!'
We ended up getting really great tickets without even realizing it - we were only 4 rows back and our three seats were sort of their own row. It was really nice! We had a great view of the sensory explosion...
Mmm...cotton candy...
Five minutes later = insanity
Ethan really loved the elephants and the motorcycle guys. And the really expensive light up toy he got. Good thing the tickets were cheap! My mom and I loved the elephants - so cute!
I am currently back in first-circus mode. AJ is gone ALL DAY. He has Honors Choir this afternoon at Westminster (he left at 8:45) and then musical auditions all evening (he will get to leave at about 8:45). So, it is going to be a long day for both of us. Luckily, my mom is coming over to keep me (and Ethan) company. We will be making her famous (and ridiculously yummy) apple strudels. I can't wait! We are also having 'family dinner' tomorrow at her house, but I don't think we'll be able to wait until then to try her strudels...

No comments: