Saturday, September 24, 2011

Little Reader

Today, I took Ethan to our local library for the first time. Since he loves books, I thought he would love the library and I was right :-) We spent about an hour there - there is a massive room full of kids books. They had some puzzles and board games out, which was great. While I got my library card (I had still been using my Cranberry one, but now that I got an updated driver's license, I needed to make the change to Beaver County's libraries), he sat in there and played nicely. He was in heaven and wanted to bring home every book he saw. We settled on about 8 - this library has no limit, so we got enough so he could have some choices each night this week. He chose a few Clifford books, a few Halloween books, and even chose a Winnie the Pooh board book for us to show Jack. I got to sign him up for a story hour that will start in October on Wednesday nights - I think he will love that. They do a story and a craft that goes along with its theme. We decided that he and I will have a little date every Saturday morning and head to the library and exchange our books for new ones. They even have little baskets you can check out to hold our books - I was pretty excited about that. I am more excited to find out that I can check out books on my kindle for free! The English teacher in me is so, so happy today.

No comments: