Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hello, October...brrrrrrrr

I can't believe it is already October. Everyone in our house is struggling with our first colds of the school year to prove it. Jack is sniffly, Ethan is stuffy, my throat hurts, and AJ's coughing up a storm. We're fun.
E made this bird house. Notice the color he chose...
E is now iPhone-savvy
Ethan had a rough week with Christine. Two days in a row, he had multiple time outs. He wouldn't listen, would laugh when she'd correct him, and kept saying "poopie" over and over, even though he knows we don't allow that. So, basically he acted for her like he typically acts for us. On the third day he was with her, we told told him if he got in any time outs, there would be no fun times. It worked. He's been a little better at home, but the kid is just SO ornery. We're going to have to be creative because he will always have us on our toes.
Jack is just as sweet as ever. I swear, he is THE happiest baby. He smiles at everything and everyone and seriously hardly ever cries. I know I just jinxed myself, but I am feeling very lucky. He is rolling more frequently (tummy to back) and grabbing onto his toys (and immediately shoving them into his pie hole...). He is just a joy to watch. He is sleeping so well through the night - we put him down at 8 and he makes it until we wake him for school. He gets up around 7 on the weekends, so not too bad. We'll keep him :-)
Ethan got a haircut and a trip to the library on Saturday. He was pretty excited - the kid LOVES to read. We came home with 15 books for him and 1 for me. We threw in some Halloween books, Clifford, Berenstein Bears, Disney-themed books, and a random book about a donut. We just couldn't narrow it down this week. Even better for him was the fact that we had two special visitors Saturday night - Grammy and Papa. We haven't seen much of the world travelers lately, so I know he was glad to get some real time with them. And, AJ and I were glad to get a night out by ourselves, even though they were fashionably 2 hours later than they had originally told us. They have officially traded places with the Wyatt's, who have been on time very consistently lately :-)
We had hoped to spend Sunday at Idlewild for Hallowboo. Ethan was beyond excited to go because not only could he ride and get candy, but CLIFFORD would be there. We bribed him into good behavior for about 3 days with this! But, alas, Mother Nature did not cooperate. Idlewild was closed all weekend because of our cold and rainy weather. It was a bummer, and I didn't want Ethan to be too disappointed, so we did the next best thing...we took him bowling.
Yeah, I know. Not even close, but he still had a blast.
We have a big week coming up - it is Grandparent's Day at Ethan's school on Wednesday and he is lucky enough to have all 3 of his grandparents coming. He will love it, and I can't wait to hear all about what they do. I only have 3 days of school this week so AJ and I are getting out of dodge for the weekend. We are going to celebrate our 9 year anniversary a few weeks early and go to New York. I haven't been there in a while and can't wait, but I think we are most excited about sleeping in. We vow not to sleep the days away, but also not to get out of bed before 9 a.m. Heaven!

No comments: