Yesterday was a good day. The first words I heard after getting out of the shower were "Happy Birthday, Mommy!" Ethan is very into the birthday festivities. Of course, he immediately asked for birthday cake, so I'm not too sure where the enthusiasm is really directed...
At school today, I had a few surprises. My 4th period (my favorite honors 10 kids) sang to me as I walked in from the hall. Then, they asked for cake, too. I'm sensing a theme...A few minutes later, I got a call from the office that flowers were delivered for me. Thank you, AJ!
Perhaps the sweetest birthday wishes came courtesy of my Connecticut favorites, the PLETCHER'S. I got a phone call from my lovely nieces and nephew, who treated me to their rendition of "Happy Birthday." Ethan got to chat with "Finny" and Aunt Jenny (though, he only asked for Grammy and Papa, and then to go to Finny's house, so it wasn't that great of a conversation). Right after our chat, I saw that Jen had updated her blog (click on Pletcher's above) with a special tribute to me on my big day. Lots of love!
Since my birthday, there has been a full moon. My students were insane today. Let's hope the new moon will bring back the normal kids I once had, at least until the next full moon...

1 comment:
Really wish you would have warned me that Jen's post was going to make me cry. Ahh! How wonderful! My sister-in-law better say nice things like that to me on my birthday...
Post a Comment