Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall Fun

It's that time again - we love the fall! The best weather, our upcoming wedding anniversary, the beautiful trees, and our favorite annual outing to the pumpkin patch.

A few funny things our chatter-box has said and done this week:

1) On Monday, we had to strap him down and cut his nails. After we found a splinter under his nail a few weeks ago, he has been petrified of letting us near his fingers. We tried talking to him about how it wouldn't hurt, showed him how we cut our own nails, etc. He didn't care. He hid behind our end table and said, in his most pitiful voice, "I sit back here by myself and cry." It was cute, but it didn't work. We tortured him and got his nails cut, somewhat.
2) He came home on Wednesday and I asked him what he did at Sharon's house today. He said (all of this...seriously...) that he wanted his shoes off to show me his toe jam. What? I don't think we've ever said that, so I asked him who told him. He said, "Katie found my toe jam." Katie is one of AJ's student and is the daughter of Sharon, our babysitter. Ethan has begun tattling...
3) He came home today and I asked him what he did at Sharon's house today. He said, "I pooped." Nice. He then proceeded to put on my shoes and glasses and walk around the house.
4) He has been really good about going to bed without a fight lately. I tuck him in and tell him he has to get lots of sleep, usually so he can go and play with Sharon in the morning. He lays right down and goes to sleep. Tonight, I told him he has to get rest so he can play with Aunt Jenny and Finley tomorrow. He got a huge smile and said "Ethan hold Finley?" Poor Finley. Hopefully he doesn't try to pick her up this weekend. Maybe he'll settle for a nice hug.

No comments: