Monday, September 6, 2010

Feeling Productive

In the past 24 hours, I have cooked the following: peach bread pudding, guacamole, salsa, a chicken/stuffing/veggie bake, pasta caprese.

In the past 24 hours, I have ironed clothes for 4 days of work.

In the past 24 hours, I have graded 75 essays. Some were good. Some were ridiculous. I had two of my worst students say they learned (from middle school) not to be disrespectful. Hmm. I had one student refer to his "s.a." (essay)-writing skills as things he was "tot" at the middle school. Seriously.

I have also read 45 pages of a book, and another short story, as well as planning lessons for the material.

Despite all of that, I have still had lots of time to play with Ethan and enjoy his wildness. We cleaned, shopped, and played.

It has been busy, but great. I love getting things accomplished and being ready for work. Who says you can't be a good teacher, mom, and housewife all at the same time?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, personally, always knew you could do all those things- impressive 24 hours though. And you might be in for a long year with some of those kids.

Phyllis- the mother-in-law

PletcherFamily said...

You rock mommy! I am very impressed. Your essays were impressive - I can't wait to hear more stories from your students - always fun to read!!!