It's hard to believe that the last week of September has come and gone. We had another busy weekend. We spent Saturday on the South Side for Oktoberfest. We had a great time watching Chris Hornick in his German gear and listening to his band.
Rock on, Chris :-)

Ethan wasn't too into the German entertainment, but had a good time eating a hot dog and running around the tent.
Doing the polka

We met some friends, including a girl who lived next door to me during my freshman year at Westminster. AJ's parents took Ethan home while we enjoyed the beverages and festivities. He was pretty pumped about his pajama party (he just learned that phrase and has been saying it over and over again).
Seriously - where is my little baby?

We got up bright and early for the Great Race. Papa was our cab driver into the city, and we tried to sneak out while Ethan was still asleep. We were so close. Just as I was walking down the steps, I heard the little song-bird and hurried. Ethan has a habit of peeking out of his window when he gets up, and I knew if he saw us leaving, he'd freak. I was too late - as I was running to the car (AJ's parents were already in), I looked up at his window and sure enough, his little face was peaking out. He apparently screamed bloody murder for a bit. Poor baby.
7:30 a.m. and 45 degrees...

Grammy and I had a great time at the race. It was FREEZING when we first got there, but it was fun seeing all of the different people down there. I was happy that she was willing to walk at normal-person speed and not her typical crazy-exericizer speed, but I kept up pretty well anyway. We saw a guy in the jail flash us, the Duquesne University pep band, and lots of little ones walking the race.
Almost done. Thank goodness.

We finished pretty well - 52 minutes for the 5k walk. We figure we really did it in about 48 minutes because it took us 4-5 minutes to get to the starting line once the gun went off. Not bad for an old lady and a person who never ever exercises :-) Maybe one day when I actually have time for myself, I'll get back into shape and run a 5k. So, maybe when I'm 60.
We did it! Time for cookies.

Papa met us at the finish line (along with 14,000 other people...) and we got some treats and headed to meet AJ and Ethan in Market Square. Ethan had a great time chasing birds and pushing his stroller around.
Notice Daddy did not comb E's hair this morning...
My mom came up in the afternoon to round out Ethan's weekend of grandparenting. I am currently getting what feels like a sinus infection. Swell.
The only hat he's ever let me put on him...
We are less than a week away from another, more important walk. Our Vision Walk for Finley is on Saturday. Please join our family on the South Side to support our niece. We will have the largest team with the largest donation! That's how we roll ;-)






1 comment:
The pictures are great! I am glad you had a great time. Good for you guys going out and walking in the cold!
I love that a person in the jail flashed you. I need to hear more about that one....
Ethan is getting so big. We can't wait to see him and all of you guys!
Post a Comment