Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today, we drove to Connellsville to celebrate the birthdays of two very special people. AJ's Pap and Aunt Renee share a birthday tomorrow. Pap turns 90 and Aunt Renee is much younger :-) We were glad to get to share their big day with them.

Isn't his outfit cute??
We had a great time - lots of good food and good company.

Ethan did not want to eat AT ALL. He even turned down GiGi's ravs - crazy boy!

He changed his tune, however, when dessert came out.

He was all over cake and ice cream, at times using a fork in each hand.

He then set his sights on Papa. This was after the sugar kicked in - he giggled and squealed "Papa silly" for about 10 LOUD minutes while Aunt Renee and Pap opened gifts.

Aunt Renee and Uncle Phil brought up Ethan's birthday gift - he wasn't too sure about the paper, but he likes the gifts.

All of the gifts, singing, and cake were good practice for his big day in a few weeks.

Things are winding down - I think AJ and I have 16 days of school left. Crazy! His concert is on Wednesday, so after that things really calm down for him. We have made a lot of progress in the living room this week, too. I hate to jinx it, but I think we may have paint on the walls this coming weekend :-)
Relaxing on our deck furniture
See Bailey behind Ethan??
We are sending Ethan to Connellsville for a few nights this week - AJ and I are taking a personal day. We are going to take Ethan to the zoo and ship him off so we can get work done here. Paint and toddlers do not mix!

Checking out 1 of our 7...
He spotted an airplane!
We have spent a TON of time outside this weekend. I am getting pretty good with the hedge trimmer - it's my favorite new toy! This yard requires a ton of maintenance, so we are going through everything and deciding what to keep and what to pull. I planted a few flowers and veggies. I feel like quite a little farmer! Let's see if the neighborhood wildlife lets me get actual veggies to make my effort worthwhile.

1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

The pictures are great! Orange is a great color on him. I love the cake pictures - he and Finley are so alike with dessert eating!!!

We finally found a deer spray that works. It is called Repels All. IT is a deer and rabbit repellent. We found it at Lowes, but you can find it at nurseries. It is safe for vegetation too. It smells AWFUL when you spray it - I about wanted to gag. But the smell disappates (for us) and it seems to be working so far!