Monday, I had Mock Trial - the first part of round one for the county. My mom was kind enough to come up and watch Ethan while AJ went to chamber ensemble. I got to see the boys for 15 minutes before I had to go - very sad. But, the kids did great and Ethan always enjoys Grandma time (who wouldn't like being held constantly and getting to play extra-long in the tub??).
Tuesday, I got to spend the evening with the boys - we changed our practice to after school because of the snow. It was really nice! Wednesday we had the pleasant surprise of being off from school! I know I won't be happy in April when we have to make up the day, but I'll never turn down a day with the baby! We did get dumped on with snow - it's getting old already! It's been so freakishly cold that poor E has a red little face! It's been really dry, but we've been coating him with lotion and it's looking better. Poor kid - he got his mother's birthmark and her sensitive skin!
Thursday, we had a delay and then more Mock Trial - so far, both of our teams are undefeated - they are doing great. I didn't get to go home after school. It was a long day, since I didn't get home until 8.
We have really been enjoying the weekend. Ethan had a great night last night - he is really into eating! We have gotten him off of the schedule of needing a late night bottle, which is great. He goes down around 7 and lasts all night :-) But, we have recently introduced him to the meats. He doesn't love them, but we have discovered that he would live on chicken and rice if he could! We can't shovel it in fast enough! Piggy eats a giant dinner - a meat, veggie, and a fruit! I think he would never stop, as long as it were on a spoon. We have to fight him with the bottle anymore.
Today, we visited with my mom at her place for a bit, and then left E with her while we went to the Waterfront. I wanted to check out the Carter's store - they had a HUGE sale and I got him a ton of clothes for $17! We also stopped in the Children's Place and got some great things for $4.99 each. I love shopping trips like that! Then, AJ and I had a little date. We went to see "Gran Torino" - the Clint Eastwood movie. It is AMAZING - just a wonderful and wonderfully told story. We went to Fuddrucker's for dinner (I resisted a milkshake, which I am now regretting!), took Mom a burger, grabbed E, and came home.
Tomorrow is a big day for Pittsburgh. Unless you've been avoiding the news for the past month (AJ and I have tried, believe me) - you know that the Steelers are in the Super Bowl. And, if you know AJ and I at all, you know that we are probably the only two people in Pittsburgh who could care less. So, while everyone else in the steel city will be watching the game, we will be grocery shopping in peace!
Enjoy the pics from the week. Ethan is 8 months old already - I can't believe it! He is getting so big! Literally - I weighed him one day this week and he was 21 pounds! I was only 25 pounds in kindergarten! But, I love a chubby baby and I love that he isn't a picky eater - yet! He is so busy and moving all around - I know soon the fat legs will slim-out and I'll miss squeezing them :-)




2 comments:
Love my chubby little munchkin. He sure has strong legs, he walked all over my apartment today for 3 hrs. We had a great time!
I love the pictures! I love the new picture at the top - so hilarious. Get that kid some toys, will you? :)
I am glad you are enjoying your weekend and got to see a movie.
Tell me again why you are a Steeler hater? (just kidding)
Post a Comment