Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cookies, teeth, & a toilet...

Ethan has had a really good week. His crawling skills are getting stronger every day. He did very well at daycare all week - no issues. He did throw up one night after dinner - it was odd. He NEVER even spits up. I think he was just too active on a full belly. He didn't seem too fazed by vomiting so we didn't worry. He has been a lot of fun lately - he loves to stand in the tub (with our help, of course) and splash and, what we call, tap-dance. He is a ham! He is also working 'nice touches' with Bailey. It's going to be work, though, since his first instinct is to grab her and pull. Bailey is a trooper, though. She just gets up and moves and is never aggressive. Big news for him - today, we noticed that his little bottom tooth is in! It's not the whole way through, but there is a little tooth sticking out on the top of his bottom gums. I'm so excited! I was beginning to wonder if fat baby would ever get teeth! He also got a new treat this week - his first taste of cookies, or 'biter biscuits.' He LOVES them - he'll sit there and gnaw on them for an hour, singing and laughing with crud all over his face. 

If you are confused by the toilet reference in the title, don't get too excited. Ethan isn't advanced enough to use the potty! A toilet was very important to this week's events, though. On Thursday, I had my last day of Mock Trial (my team was knocked out of competition by two of the county's top teams. We put up a good fight, though). I didn't get to come home after school - I had to go to the courthouse and get a room for us to practice before the competition. I got there a few minutes early so I ran into the bathroom. I was in such a tizzy - my week was more chaotic than ever - and I went to hang up my coat in the stall. As soon as I did, I heard a plop. My cell phone. My brand new cell phone. With the fancy touch screen. With all the pictures I have taken of Ethan. I am beyond bummed. And, I feel like a moron. My kids thought it was hilarious. I'll actually really miss spending time with them, even though I am SO excited to get to spend time with my child and my husband again (well, at least after musical, I'll get to see AJ). Anyway, it's not too big of a deal. We have insurance on our phones so I just had to pay a $50 deductible and my new phone will be here on Monday. I won't get my pictures back and I'll have to recollect all of the phone numbers I had, but at least all's not lost. 
We have a good weekend planned - we ran errands and cleaned today. Tomorrow, Ethan will get a visit from AJ's parents while we take their hockey tickets. We haven't been to a game all season so that should be fun. Plus, the weather is so much nicer! AJ and I were loving wearing no big coats this afternoon!

I want to end with a special thank you to my mom. We could not have gotten through the Mock Trial season without all of your help. Thank you so much for driving up each week and watching Ethan so we could both do our things. I know you love spending time with him anyway, but you really made life a lot simpler for us. 

Here are just a few pics from the week. Enjoy the heat wave :-)

First taste


He's hooked!


Playing in his new shirt from Steph & Baby J!

3 comments:

PletcherFamily said...

Yay for a tooth! Whoo hoo! You need to take a picture.

I am sorry about your phone. I have totally done that. Bummer!

Glad to hear that all is well!

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, and, yes I do love to spend time with the little hambone. He lights up my life..........I know, I'm sappy!

Jankowski Family Fun said...

I definitely should have just gotten him another remote. He'd be in heaven :)

Phone down, huh? In the toilet? That stinks! I love generic puns...

Cookies and teeth and trying to stand--oh, my!! I can't get over how BIG E. is getting. Goodness! I haven't forgotten about our visit--I will make it out there soon!!!