Today was Ethan's first Valentine's Day. We weren't too excited because AJ and I don't really love this silly, Hallmark holiday. But, we bought Ethan a few red shirts to celebrate and have gotten many sweet cards from family for his day, so we got in the mood. Ethan did not get the memo. He woke up at 6:15, ready to go. He ate well and was pretty pleasant, but things just went downhill from there. Stinker would NOT nap. He was rubbing his eyes and whining and we tried putting him down 4 times with no luck. He would just SCREAM and cry. Fun. Finally, at 11:00, I got him to sleep. I was so excited - AJ's parents were on their way for a visit so I wanted him to be a good boy. At 11:35, he started crying again and that was the end of the nap. We all went to the mall and Ethan rested well in the car; we were going to have a Valentine's lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and there was a wait, so AJ waited on a table while Papa drove the car around the lot to keep the baby sleeping. He was WONDERFUL at dinner - played and laughed the whole time. We all got to enjoy our yummy food and brought cheesecake home. Ethan played pretty well at home for a while, but he ended up spitting up 4 times tonight - really odd for him. He was just miserable. I know most of the misery came from his lack of good napping today, but his little belly must hurt. He ate next to nothing for dinner - really, really odd for him. We are hoping it passes quickly and tomorrow will be a better day.
Other than today, he had a great week. His two bottom teeth are coming in nicely - it is so adorable to see his smile with little teeth! He has tried Cheerios (he LOVES them) and some little puff treats for babies. It's so funny to see him chew! We have also discovered new ways to entertain him: 1. Lay him on the floor and throw Beanie Babies across the room at him. He laughs uncontrollably every time. 2. Squirt his belly with water from a tub toy. He tries to catch the stream of water while laughing so hard he can't breathe. 3. Hum techno beats to him. Don't ask. 4. Let him crawl to his socks (which he promptly pulls off within two minutes of me putting them on) so he can put them in his mouth. If she weren't me, I would swear his mother did drugs while he was in the womb :-)
Here are a few pics from the week. I didn't get any really good ones of him in his Valentine's Day outfits because he was too tired and unhappy!
1 comment:
I hope he's doing better today! Gabe still yanks his socks off to put in his mouth! :) They must feel good on those teeth. Happy V-day!
Post a Comment