Friday, January 23, 2009

You always ruin the moment...

AJ said those words tonight to our child. He was holding Ethan in front of the bathroom mirror before his bath. My vain child loves looking at himself! He was really laughing and talking and AJ was loving it. Until...a long line of drool fell out of Ethan's mouth and onto AJ. Apparently, AJ's comment also came from the fact that yesterday at that same time, Ethan peed all over AJ. Ah, parenthood...

We are very glad it is Friday. It has been another extremely hectic week which will only be followed by at least two more. We have our first county-wide Mock Trial competition on Monday. This round will last until the following Thursday. I won't be home to spend Ethan on any day except Wednesday. Lovely. 

My mom came and spent Thursday with Ethan - it was great to not have to get him ready in the morning. Then I could actually get myself ready! She made us a wonderful dinner and even baked cookies - all of this would not have been possible if it wasn't for Ethan's walker, so thanks to Mom and to Jen for the walker :-)

This week, I got some really bad news. Two students from my old school were in a really bad accident. The driver, from my homeroom, was just bruised. The passenger, a wonderful student and person I got to know through my students, was killed on impact. His name was Colin Grau, and his death is a devastating loss to Valley High School. The Senior class is an amazing group of kids - truly, just wonderful. I loved teaching them and getting to know them and I really miss seeing them every day. I have been heartbroken this week thinking of them going through that and wishing I could be there for them. I know that the survivor is going to have a rough time dealing with what happened. I am going to the viewing tomorrow afternoon. It's a terrible thing to see this happen to such a young person. Totally not fair. Please keep the families and friends of these students in your prayers. 

On a lighter note, here are just a few pictures from the week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics and love to spend time with E. He is so special. You're very welcome, it's a pleasure to watch him. Oh, btw, he helped with the cookies :)

PletcherFamily said...

Those pictures are amazing! I love the throwing ones - they are so cool!

I am glad to see him in the crawling position. Take some video so we can see the little bugger in action.

And I love the story about the drool and pee - that was hilarious!

I am sorry for your student's families. We will be thinking about them this week.

Frank and Teen said...

Hi Tricia! I gave you an award! Check out my blog to see what I mean!

Kris