It’s been another crazy week. Last weekend was a total blur – we went to see A Christmas Carol on Saturday to support AJ’s parents and their hard work. We drove a LONG time while Ethan stayed with my mom. They had a good visit – he laughed the whole time. My Aunt Carol brought him a helium balloon and apparently, he thought it was hilarious when the balloon would bop his head. Easily amused. Sunday, we cleaned our house like crazy and then AJ had a Chamber Ensemble performance. They went to a local church to raise money for their New York trip in the spring. We’ve had the usuals – Mock Trial and lessons every day, with the addition of AJ’s Middle School Chorus concert on Wednesday. I don’t think he and I have had dinner together on a school night in about 1 month. Anyway, my mom came up to keep me company during his concert. It was nice to be able to get things done around the house! Ethan gets a kick out of her, too!
Ethan has had a really great week. He is very close to crawling! He is really trying. He just tends to get up on his hands and knees and ends up rolling over. He would roll all day long! We can see a little tooth just under the surface. He’s not too fussy, but he’s always rubbing his mouth. Poor guy. His little voice is a bit raspy now – we don’t know if it’s because of a cold or because he shrieks at the top of his lungs whenever he can…He has tried a BUNCH of new foods. We have had squash, carrots, sweet potatoes, and peaches – he likes them all! No matter what we give him, he always makes a face at the first bite, but after that, he loves them. He is also sitting up really well. He can pretty much do it by himself all the time, until he gets too excited. Then he tips over. But, we’ve really been practicing and he’s doing a great job.
This weekend, we had some down time. Friday night was great - we went straight to dinner (pizza) and came home and chilled! Ethan was in bed by 7:30, and I was in bed by 8:30 - I've been feeling sick all week so sleep is good. Saturday, we are heading to the mall so AJ could get some ideas for my gifts. But, we hit a snag - my wallet had fallen out of our stroller when we lifted it back into the car. I didn't realize it until we got home. Thank God, I called Nordstrom's and they had it at customer service. What luck that someone with a soul found it! But, we had to go back to the mall. At 4. When EVERYONE in Pittsburgh was shopping. It was a mess, but I was so glad to get it back. Today, AJ's parents came for a visit. We went to church - no organ this time so Ethan did great. Then we went to lunch at Houlihans - YUM! Grammy has been watching Ethan while I've run errands (I'm all done Christmas shopping! And, all wrapped!) and AJ and Papa hung blinds over our new windows.
Only one more full week of school left (and a busy one at that - AJ has his high school concert and a musical meeting and I have, what else, Mock Trial) and then we get a nice, long break – we need it!
Here are a few pics from the week.
Wednesday, October 14: Catching Up
1 week ago




1 comment:
Great pictures! He is getting so big! I hope he doesn't have stranger anxiety because I plan on holding him a lot over Christmas break!
Have a great last week of school! I am glad you are feeling better.
I am so jealous you are done shopping!
Post a Comment