Friday, December 26, 2008

Holiday Flowers

Today was great - we got to sleep in a little bit (7:30) and got right up and at 'em. We had a few errands to run (we are organizing our old guest bedroom into E's play room, so we needed some storage bins and a bookshelf) and then met up with our friend Aaron to go to Phipp's for the holiday flower show. It was GREAT! There was nothing outside, but everything was beautiful. Ethan really loved looking around. We had a delicious lunch at Church Brew House - they had pierogies stuffed with chicken, feta, and sun dried tomatoes - yum! The restaurant is in an old church - in fact, they brew the beer on the altar. Kind of odd, but still really neat in there. We came home and played all night - Ethan has some great choices after Christmas! We bought him a little train that ends up shooting balls out of the top - he went crazy! He was leaning over it to watch what was happening, and the balls were flying right into his face. He thought it was hilarious - such a boy! He also is enjoying his big toy from Grammy and Papa - I put it together all by myself! The monkey (see pics below) sings and it lights up - he just stares and smiles! He also stood up, holding onto it, with no help tonight. We were impressed!

We are really enjoying our break. My mom bought me the new Wally Lamb book. I LOVED his two previous books and have been anxiously awaiting this new one. It is AWESOME! I love to read for fun and don't get to do it too much during the school year. It has been great to read each night after Ethan goes to sleep. AJ has been watching his new Scrubs dvd's while I read. We are both relaxing for a change! We are currently contemplating how to spend our mall gift cards. We are thinking of pooling ours together and using them to buy a Wii. Either that, or we'll use them towards our new cell phones - our plans are up next month. We're going to wait a bit and make sure we make a good decision! AJ was really sweet - he said that I should get something totally just for me since all I have spent time or money on in the past year has been for Ethan. I think he's right! It's just more fun getting things for the boy :-)

Tomorrow, we are off to my Aunt Ev's house to have Christmas with my whole family. I'm excited - we really only get to see each other this one time each year. It's always fun. This is the first year in a long time that the whole family will be there - it will be a big crowd with lots of kids running around!

Enjoy today's pics.


1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

I am glad you had a fun first Christmas with Ethan! Christmas morning takes on a whole new meaning when you have kids!

We can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!