Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Is it summer yet???

Well, the nine weeks is over in one week! I can't believe it! Things are just crazy at school - the days fly by and it just seems like we never know what's going to happen next. That's part of the fun of being a teacher, but AJ and I are both exhausted! The students are back in their old rut of slacking. It doesn't take long! I am trying to not get frustrated, but it's tough. 

Anyhoo...we almost had a major catastrophe last night! I was on the computer typing for school and we were doing E's laundry when I heard a gurgling sound coming from the laundry room. Sure enough, our drain had backed up (for those of you who don't know, this happened to us 3 times in the first year we lived here. We thought it was fixed, but apparently not). Luckily I heard it right away and it didn't make too big of a mess. I panicked because neither AJ or I wanted to take a day off of work for the plumber to come fix it. Luckily, AJ's dad was able to come up so we could work. It was a quick fix and not too expensive, but just adds to our motivation to get out of this house asap! Not that there won't be problems with any house, but we've had enough. Plus, we have NO room left because our child has a billion toys and clothes already! 

On to our baby boy...he is doing great! He is just a really fun baby to hang out with. He has been doing great at night and has been napping like a big boy in his crib! He has moments when he can sit up unassisted and is getting to be a strong little walker! No crawling for this kid! He is quite the chatterbox (I think he will give my oldest niece a run for her money when he is older..lol..) and gets REALLY loud when he is babbling. He also has developed a great laugh - he has true belly laughs, especially when Bailey walks by him. Oh, and he's ticklish like me! I had him just in a diaper before his bath and I was playing with him and brushed his tummy - BIG giggles there! He's ticklish on the bottom of his feet, too. He gets all the good stuff from me - pale skin, birthmarks, and tickle spots. Poor baby!  We tried the rice cereal again on Monday with my mom. He LOVED it! He ate the whole bowl really well and was opening his mouth when the spoon came near - cute! He has started doing that with the bottle, too. Baby food, here we come! I can't wait for that! 

We don't really have big plans for the weekend. We would like to go to dinner sometime and celebrate - Sunday is our 6 year anniversary! It's hard to believe our wedding was that long ago! But it's been a very good year for both of us so we have lots to celebrate and be thankful for. 

Here are some pictures from the last week. We have a hilarious video of Ethan that we are going to try to post here or on youtube. We'll let you know - you all will love it!

1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

I hope for you...that he out talks Arlington. :) LOL

He is such a cutie. They are so fun at this age. I put his picture on my fridge at work - the girl's especially are loving oogling over him!

I am sad about your drain - bummer! Hopefully all is well now.