Sunday, October 5, 2008

Another weekend bites the dust!

I can't believe it's already time to get ready for Monday morning! We had a great weekend. AJ stayed home from the football game to help - he hasn't been home much lately and it was great to unwind together after the work week. We had dinner at Red Robin with a friend - E did very well. He slept on my lap after amusing himself looking at the ceiling fan...Saturday, we ran some errands and then AJ' parents came for a quick visit. We had a nice dinner at Moe's. Ethan decided he didn't want to eat his bottle there - too nosy - so he ate when we got home at 7. It set his routine back about an hour and he ended up sleeping until 7:15 this morning! We love when that happens! He has had a great day - very pleasant and took 2 long naps. We can't say enough how happy we are now that we have passed the 3-month mark with him. It was rough for a while there, but I think we have him figured out! 

We have been working with him on his rolling skills - he is getting very good at going from his belly to his back! He still looks a bit shocked and confused when he does it, though. Cute! He is SO close to going from his back to his belly - he just needs to get those hands out of his mouth and it will be success! We practice every night in his crib after his bath. Tonight, we put him in his activity mat and he fell asleep! If you saw this thing - lights, sounds, sensory overload everywhere - you would be shocked that our busy baby could fall asleep there! We just took him out, wrapped him, and stuck him in his crib. Weirdo. We have cut down on the rice cereal a bit in his bottle - it was really giving him poop issues (don't you love mommy talk?) so we're trying to cut back a bit before we start feeding it to him with a spoon in a few weeks. We haven't seen his reflux flair up, which is a good sign. We have noticed that he GUZZLES his bottles! We have upped him to 5 oz on a few of the bottles and it seems to be helping. Little piggy is probably wondering where the rest is! By the way - my mom called tonight and found my baby book. When I was 4 months old, I weighed 13 lbs. When I was 6 months old, I weighed 14 lbs. When I was a year old, I weighed 18 lbs. Ethan is almost there already! I love it, though - he has so many little rolls and looks like such a jolly guy :-) 

Here are a few cute pics from the weekend.


Getting ready to roll!
Super Baby!
Talking to his mobile animal friends...
Practicing sitting up like a big boy - literally - we had to take him out 
of this sleeper he's never worn b/c he's so fat!

2 comments:

PletcherFamily said...

So cute! I love fat boys sleeper! Sitting like a big boy - won't be long now!
Give those cheeks a squeeze from us!

Carrie said...

He's so cute! And he's not fat at all. Very, very cute!!