Monday, May 19, 2014

Mother's Day

I'm trying to play catch up here and remember everything that has happened in the past few weeks. We'll start with Mother's Day. Things were a little crazy during Mother's Day week, starting with this:
First, AJ got strep.
This is me - 12 hours later. Strep sucks.
Ethan's school did a nice little program for moms and grandmas. They served breakfast each day and any important woman in students' lives could join them for a meal. Ethan was super lucky - he was visited by both of his grandmothers. It made for two very special mornings for him (and them!).
Ethan and Grammy
Ethan and Grandma
This year was extra special because I got homemade gifts from each boy. Teen Teen had Jack make a hilarious candle - he painted the clothespins himself. I've said it a million times, but we are just so lucky to have her. She has been like a third grandmother to both of our boys - so much more than a baby sitter. I am so touched she would have Jack make a craft for me!
You can see Jack's candle here:
Ethan kicked things up a notch in kindergarten with an "All About Mom" and a picture. The picture is super cute. His answers about me - not so much. I'm 40. Love tic tac toe, picnics, and laying down. I cook awesome cheesy noodles. Ok - a few of them are correct. I asked him why he said I like to lay down (I was ready to kill him!) and he said that since I was sick, I needed rest. Sweet boy was just thinking about me since I spent Mother's Day battling an outrageous bout of strep throat that left me shivering with a high fever for three days. I forgive him :-)
All wrapped up with a tea bag
So many factual things here...
But look at how cute the picture is!
We saw AJ's parents on Saturday and had a nice dinner that I could hardly swallow :-) But, we followed it with frozen yogurt, so...yay!
The boys giving Grammy her gift
We saw my mom on Sunday. She and I got up early and went to Pittsburgh's Race for the Cure. It was an insanely crowded and not well-organized walk, but it was fun to take that time to walk with my mom. I'm not sure we'll make it an annual thing, but it's a great memory on Mother's Day.
This was on a bridge in Schenley Park
 There were 20,000 people walking. Insanity.
 Nice view of the Cathedral from our walk
I realize I have zero pictures of me with the boys from Mother's Day. I just wasn't with it at all! They did make my day special, though. I got flowers, good food, AND everyone took a nice, long nap that day. My kind of celebration!

No comments: