Thursday, May 1, 2014

Kindergarten Program

On Friday, Ethan's school put on a  Kindergarten program that was pretty much the cutest event I've sat through. Every student was on stage, and each one had a special part where they were featured by singing, dancing, or speaking. They all did a great job. How the teachers got 100some 5-6 year olds to sing and dance at the same time and not go completely CRAZY is beyond me.
The whole group
E's class
Ethan's part was to be 'Saturday' in the Days of the Week song. He didn't ham it up or act silly up there, but he knew all of the words and dances during the show. I did catch him yawning a few times, though...
My show stopper


Look at him watching all the other kids 
do what they're supposed to be doing...
They did some super cute songs at the end that were simply meant to make the parents cry. Think: songs about growing up, matched with the kids swaying back and forth with their arms around each other. It worked.
Props never hurt either.
I mean. How cute are they?

I don't think that face was part of the program.
He was so excited to greet his family in the audience. This lucky boy had all of his grandparents, his brother, and his mom there to watch him. His father was in New York...
Brotherly love.
It's hard to believe that in 4.5 weeks, I will no longer have a kindergartner. Big Guy will move on to 1st grade. He has matured so much since the start of the year. He went from being a total spaz 100% of the time to only spazzing out every now and then. He loves to draw and to sound out words. He's become a stronger reader and actually enjoys learning new things in math, though gym is his favorite subject. He is delighted when I pack his lunch for school. He loves his friends and his teacher. He hasn't missed a single day of school.

He's ready.

No comments: