Saturday, October 20, 2012

Star of the Week

Ethan has had a wonderful week - he went three whole days at school with NO checkmarks! It was also a special week for him because it was his turn as the class's "Star of the Week." Only in pre-school does a reward mean more responsibilities - he got to help with the bulletin boards, change the calendar dates, and be the first one in line for the potty and lunch. He was pretty excited about that. Apparently, there is a special spot on the reading carpet for the "Star," too. We got to do a little interview and take pictures in for his 'all about me' poster - they displayed it all week in the class. So, so cute.
His poster- had I realized it was so huge, I would have sent more pictures!
 He chose a pic with Papa, his brother, and his idol - Cainan!
To top this big ordeal, Ethan was also well-behaved at home and at Teen Teen's - amazing! Not one time-out; if he keeps this up, I won't have many quips to post on Facebook...Speaking of that, the other day, he came home from school singing some song I'd never heard. I caught the words 'Jesus' and 'bible', but it wasn't Jesus Loves Me. I asked him what the song was, and he told me that I couldn't sing the song - it was both too hard AND too scary for me. When I questioned the fact that a song about Jesus and the bible was scary, he told me: "Mommy, Jesus runs around us to take our pumpkins." I was laughing so hard - I'm thinking he got a Halloween song and a Presbyterian school song combined...
His 'star' duty - fixing the calendar...
His certificate and prize from his teacher


On top of all of this good behavior, Ethan added to his star-studded week by waking up 4 days in a row with a completely dry pull-up. I think he's trying to make me a liar, always calling him the bad seed. I am just so proud of him! We are trying to encourage all of this goodness, so after school on Friday I took him to Target for a special treat. He got to choose a 'prize' - he was very torn between a Lightning McQueen and a Spiderman car. Since we have 1.5 billion Lightning McQueens at home, I gently persuaded him on the Spiderman. He is very happy with his choice!
The real Batman

We are finishing out this great week with a cool weekend - he got to trick or treat for a bit at our YMCA this afternoon. He was hilarious - once he got dressed, he asked me quite seriously if the other kids would be afraid of him, thinking he was the real Batman. What a goof. Tomorrow, my mom and I are taking him to Idlewild for Hallowboo. He is just bursting with Halloween fun - if it keeps him acting like a civilized boy, I will make Halloween a year-round holiday in the Kovall house!

No comments: