Monday, July 9, 2012

Home Improvement Season: Part 3

This week, AJ started lessons, which meant I sent the boys to Teen's house for the day so they could rest and I could be productive. I tackled Ethan's room. His room was the first room we painted when we moved in; we chose blues, since they matched his bedding and (duh) he's a little boy. Boy = blue.
Right after we bought his big boy furniture
Almost three years later, that baby is now four and has definite opinions. He loves the color red - not that I would paint an entire room red (those of you who remember our Cranberry house know why) - so he got a nice neutral wall with a red racing stripe. I really love how it turned out (and it makes the room feel lighter and bigger!), but more importantly, HE really loves it.

That's one of the best things about Ethan. No matter what it is - new paint, a pair of socks, a picture I color with him - he is really appreciative. He gets so excited and just oohs and ahhs over everything. Everyone that comes to the house has to go with him as he exclaims, "Look at my beautiful new bed. See that stripe? It's red. Feel my blanket. See those cars?" It's sweet.

I made him this awesome picture - I got the idea from Pinterest (aka - the greatest time waster ever), and had a friend's husband make the E for me. It turned out great (minus a few glue drippings)! Ethan was delighted, though I'm sure he isn't thinking that he can't play with these cars now...
I'm not sure what will be next. I'm kind of home-improvement(ed) out. We will probably just finish the front of our yard, and possibly our new master bathroom. We'll see how productive we feel.

1 comment:

faithmatters said...

I love the race track!!!!