Sunday, June 24, 2012

What Day Is It, Again?

Summertime means crazy-fast days with our boys - up by 7, down by 7. We are in the routine of playing outside, doing work around the house, watching Netflix stuff, reading, and napping. I love this routine, particularly when I don't even know what day of the week it is because it simply does not matter.
Two Water Bugs
We have had a few play dates this week - we went to Smiley's House (.99 kids meals for Smiley's Birhtday!) and a playground with my college roommate and her kids. We went to a local fair with AJ's parents. We went to the Cranberry Pool. I had physical therapy on my stupid elbow that's been hurting for 6 weeks. I had drinks with two of my favorite former co-workers. I taught summer school. AJ rewired half of our basement/new master bedroom. Life is crazy, but good.
Jack was NOT happy when the sprinklers got him.
We took the boys for their yearly check-ups this week. Ethan, I'm afraid, has inherited my genes. Not only is he SUPER fair-skinned, but he is on the short side. Not terribly, and he may shoot out of it, but we'll see. He is 39.5 inches at the moment - we are so excited! He has to be 40 inches to ride a few things at Disney, and we were so hoping he'd make it for November. I think he will! He is 35 pounds. My little big guy. But he is doing great!
Ethan has always loved running through this sprinkler.
Jackson is the opposite - he's longer than Ethan and in the 65% for height at 30 inches. He is 21.3 pounds. I checked Ethan's stats at one year - (22.3 lbs and 29.4 inches) - Jack continues to be longer and leaner than him. It is just fun to see how they grow and change.
Jack hyperventilated when he saw the pool!
He was splashing away.
Ethan has had moments of complete demonic-takeover this week. We've started a little rewards calendar - good days get stickers; multiple good days (which we've not really had) get him a trip to the movies. I'll keep you posted...He did make me laugh, though. I got him a pack of Lightning McQueen socks from Target the other day. He was back in his room dressing himself, and I heard him say, "Oh my gosh - these are just TOO cool!" as he was putting on his socks. Hilarious.
He's still cute, though.
Jackson is really starting to try to walk - he's taken a few steps here and there. I think if dumb-dumb would take his time to get his balance before taking off for a step, he'd do it. He hardly holds our fingers or hands for balance any more. It won't be long before our lives get even more hectic. He's also getting more words - he has been saying Daddy, Bye Bye, Hi, and Baby more lately. He has his own version of Ball (those L's are tough), Ducky, and Light (which is accompanied by frantic smiling and pointing).
Right before putting his face in (repeatedly)
 Love that Kovall-gapped smile!
We spent today at PNC Park with the whole family - we do this every year as part of Father's Day. This was Jackson's first trip; it's old news to Ethan. Ethan really enjoyed being there - he especially liked the necklace kids got with admission. Jackson just liked being with Papa. 
Checking out the stadium...
 Cheese-face
 I love his crazy hair!
 Two of his favorite things: hanging with Papa & banging on stuff...
Good times.

No comments: