Sunday, December 4, 2011

Perfect Pittsburgh Sunday

We took the boys to PPG today. The weather was AMAZING - seriously, 55 degrees in December? I'll take it! We took Ethan last year (right when we spilled the beans about being pregnant!), and he loved seeing the skaters, Santa's, and train. We figured that with the Steelers playing at home, there wouldn't be too huge of a crowd at the rink, and we were RIGHT!
Love this tree
This year, we were brave and let Ethan skate. That was an adventure...
AJ started out with him because I really had no desire to skate. They took about 5 minutes to make it around the rink once, then the zamboni came out to fix the ice. I was quickly suckered into getting skates for the newly fresh ice. I haven't been ice skating since high school. Let's just say I was a bit rusty. Lucky for me, Ethan was tired after two more times around the rink :-)
My mom was with us, which was great. She had to work this afternoon in Oakland and just scooted right over to spend the afternoon with us. I was glad to have someone to hang with Jack. She had the easier time, for sure.
All bundled up & happy as can be eating his hands...
He was talking to the tree
We headed inside to check out the Santa's, train, and gingerbread houses. Ethan could have stayed in there all day - so much to see!
I found some houses our middle school made!
Here were a few winners - some of them were really cool:
Ethan was a little bit tired (from getting up at 5:45 today...) and ended up giving himself a self-inflicted time out. I'm not sure why, but it was hilarious. We left shortly after this scene:
We went to an early dinner and brought home our two tired boys. Jack is quite a little mover lately. We laid him on the floor for a bit, turned away for two seconds, and look where we found him:

1 comment:

PletcherFamily said...

Awesome pictures! Love the blue skates they rent - I don't even think I could stand up on them. You guys did great!

And Jack under the tree? SO CUTE!!!