Ethan, we have decided, is NOT going to be an athlete. This was his third week of sports class, and they covered basketball. AJ took him this week - Jack has another head cold and I didn't want him out in the frigid temperatures, even for a minute (AND, I used the quiet time to get our Christmas cards ready!). This is the 'tweet' AJ sent out: "My son is athletically retarded. He would rather stare at the fire alarm, and say "stinky" over and over then play basketball. #youngsheldon." Ahh...poor Ethan. AJ hated organized sports growing up; I always played softball and even a little tennis, but I was never the super-star in anything. We are at least trying to give Ethan experiences so he can decide what he likes. So far, nothing. He does like to run around, but when it comes to actually learning the sport and trying the skills, he is not interested. That's ok. We will keep trying!
Ethan is the kid in yellow that is hiding behind the hoop
while all of the other kids try to play a game...

Ethan has discovered a LOVE for the movie The Polar Express. We have been taping the Christmas specials that have been on, and that one is a winner. We have watched it every. single.day. Jack likes it, too. Jack likes anything, as long as he can roll around and drool on everything while he watches...


We are trying to use Santa's imminent arrival to get Ethan to be a better child. Santa will only bring presents for Ethan if he poops on the potty (I'm not sure if we are bluffing on this one; Ethan will wear undies all day and then poop as soon as we put him to bed in his pull-up. The next step is no pull-up. I just don't know if I can deal with the mess or constipation that will come from that decision...) AND Santa will not come for Ethan if he doesn't listen to Mommy and Daddy.
I know. He doesn't look like a demon-spawn...

So far, it's not going well. Ethan is convinced that if Santa doesn't come over the poop issue, then Jack shouldn't get gifts either. After all, Jack poops in a diaper. Trying to explain the whole age thing to Ethan isn't getting us anywhere but angry. We have the "Elf on a Shelf" out, too. Ethan just goes into a different room to misbehave and says that Buddy (our elf) can't see him in there. What. A. Brat. Last night, AJ was so fed up that he told Ethan to sit down on the couch and shut his mouth. Ethan continued to lay on the floor, looked at AJ and opened his mouth really wide. Seriously - where did this snot come from? He's too smart for his own good.
Tomorrow, Ethan and I are braving the cold to meet AJ and his choir at Kennywood. They are doing a new thing this year - lighting the park and opening some rides for the holiday season. AJ's choir is singing. It should be a good time, but it would be even better if it would be above 30 degrees. I know Ethan won't care - he is SO excited! Lots and lots of layers.
I believe Santa will be there, too. We might have to pay him another visit...

No comments:
Post a Comment