Thursday, June 2, 2011

Full Term, Baby!

I am officially full-term pregnant - 37 weeks! This was a very special week because it marked the beginning of my maternity leave from school (all 8 days I am taking!). I decided not to keep E home with me for fear that I would go into labor and have to take him into the ER with me. That would have been a nightmare situation. Plus, I spent the first 2 days of leave madly grading research papers and getting my grade book situated. I will say that it is much easier to get everything accomplished when I do not have to go to work and come home exhausted 9 hours later. But now everything is done. Today was a glorious day - I finalized my grades by 8 am, went to the mall and got my pj's for the hospital, got a FABULOUS pedicure, listened to the iPod on the hammock (while enjoying sun without insane heat), and read a book for fun. Perfection.

It got even better - AJ came home and cooked a wonderful meal (bruschetta chicken, grilled zucchini) for us. We were joined by my mom and our great friend, Mike. Ethan was just thrilled to see both of them. AJ is gunning for husband of the year - he went to King's and brought me a deep-fried brownie sundae. Best. Thing. Ever. I ate the whole entire thing.

I have been feeling every bit full term. I am having much more intense and frequent Braxton Hicks contractions, accompanied by some cramping and sharp pains. I am not having any 'real' contractions, but I just feel all around yucky. This is just how I felt the week I had Ethan. Not that that means anything, but one can hope. I've started eating pineapple and spicy food, all thought to help move things along. I've begun taking walks. I used the massage chair at the pedicure place. I am ready and will keep trying to make it happen! I had Ethan at exactly 37 weeks. Let's go, Baby #2!

Tomorrow I go for another doctor appointment. I am sure it will be another 5 minute drive by where I am told everything looks good and normal.

No comments: